One third of Britons admit being racially prejudiced

I think it's Spanish culture to have a siesta. I think RH may agree and IMO is a better example than his more wooly ones. So wooly I knitted a Polo Necked Jumper :D

I think it's Jamaica's culture to smoke Ganja, although I'm as sure as eggs-is-eggs they don't all do it and others also subscribe around the world. But it's something associated with, and to, their culture and Country. I think RH will not agree because it is a negative thing and racist.

Oh, and I'm a racist or it's a racist comment for even mentioning it. Now leave me alone wiv me dreads and spliff mon... :cool:

Sponsored Links
I think it's Jamaica's culture to smoke Ganja, although I'm as sure as eggs-is-eggs they don't all do it and others also subscribe around the world. But it's something associated with, and to, their culture and Country. I think RH will not agree because it is a negative thing and racist.

Lenny Henry once had a gag in his stand-up routine about going to Jamaca and trying the national dish - ganja - which he brought off the local school lolly pop man.
Therefore Lenny Henry must be a racist.

Lenny Henry once had a gag in his stand-up routine about going to Jamaca and trying the national dish - ganja - which he brought off the local school lolly pop man.

No, no, no! He's black and he's allowed to make racist comments.

No, no, no! He's black and he's allowed to make racist comments.

Thats racist suggesting a black can say something us honkeys cannot :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Gang culture.

(Aforementioned) drug culture.

Legality has nothing to do with it - culture is the sum of the practices (and behaviours, and ideas) that its people actually do.

And whether illegal or not, the fact that (as near as not worth arguing about) every female in Sierra Leone between ages 15 and 49 has been subjected to FGM (previously-cited WHO et al. report), and their own mothers and grandmothers regularly carry out the abuse themselves, makes FGM pretty much an intrinsic part of the culture of that particular country, does it not?

Cultures can and do change though don't they? The Chinese don't bind their children's feet from birth anymore. In fact there's few left who have had that done now I believe; in their 90s..

Cultures can and do change though don't they? The Chinese don't bind their children's feet from birth anymore. In fact there's few left who have had that done now I believe; in their 90s..

Of course. Even our own culture has progressed since mediaeval times. In our past, women were subjugated to men in many respects but, as time went on, they achieved parity in more and more respects.

I think it's safe to say that all cultures have changed for the better over time...
well, almost all. :rolleyes:

Even the WHO keeps making reference to FGM as "cultural". How much proof and from what source is enough.. :rolleyes:

DropClanger knows better than you, BT, and is currently working on his presentation, "Eradicating FGM, through Education".

In line with his assertion that FGM is not cultural, his opening lecture will be delivered on Tuesday at 1100, to the Chipping Norton over 90s Ladies cake-baking Society.
I believe that they have an overhead projector in the scout hut. :mrgreen:

Very easy to use racism as an escape route. I certainly don't hate a Pakistani if he lives in Pakistan. However, if he lives here he should abide by English customs and duties. Having 'home grown' terrorist using religion as an excuse to further their cause ,asked the question. Where are these 'home grown' terrorists educated ? I believe the ministry did their job well. It is a very bad show that a remedy of having to install 'what it means to be english'. Bit bloody late. It also stinks that this investigation came at the time of UKIP's success. Appeasement anyone

Its not only Brits that are racist, this is human nature, to protect ones territory and way of life. Most people also fear 'outsiders' will result in a change to their own way of life.

The Hong Kong Chinese hate the mainland Chinese, The North Indians detest the refugee Afghanis, The Kenyans living in Lamu hate the Somalians that cross the border...The Americans hate the Mexicans, despite doing all the menial tasks that the Americans don't want to do.

Unfortunately the British press will have you believe that immigration is bad for the country. In fact they only ever report exceptions.. And to be honest, like it or hate it, we are now in a globalised world where if the right skills at the right price are not available here, the work will go somewhere else.. I know because.. we have Philippine and Indian workers that work for... guess what $3 an hour !

And besides who is going to pay for all the Labour promises made on gold standard government pensions, the OAP's that are a strain on the NHS, the ageing population ? If you don't have a young workforce then ?

The minimum wage (the one they all get paid) for an apprentice is £2.68 an hour. Oh well at least they are learning a valuable trade or skill..... not! and we promise hand on heart not to get shot of you after your year of near slavery is up... pretty scandalous the way the scheme is abused.

Sponsored Links
Back