Opening ceremony?

Sponsored Links
He looked quite close to death to me:

:mrgreen:

I thought he was dead, but they'd resurrected him specially for the opening ceremony.
I was impressed at the way the scenery changed into the industrial revolution, complete with the tall chimneys... Mr Bean added a real comic touch, specially conducted by Simon Rattle (inspired)

I did think they would have had Brian May playing his guitar on top of the Olympic Stadium, instead of Paul McCartney singing "hey Jude". Paul Mc should now retire from anything to do with music.

Anyway, I reckon her Maj will win an oscar next year for the oldest newcomer. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I thought the bit, were the helicopter and the queen, flew over the statue of Winston Churchill, and he waved his arm skywards was great.
Didn't know so many countries started with the letter A&B! went to bed after Canada. Who lit the flame then?

your actually watching it? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am watching it and after just seeing one of my greatest hero,s muhammad ali brought a tear to my eye
I found that rather sad and somewhat lacking in sensitivity.
The poor fella is now in very poor health and clearly struggling. Did he need to be put through something like that?

I didn't watch any of it, ( I resent the money spent on it I suppose).
I have to say though that judging from reading some of the foreign (English speaking) press it was very well done and recieved.
So good on them for that.

Muhammad Ali was a big mistake, spoilt the whole show, showing the greatest boxer that ever lived as a vegetable. otherwise it was brilliant.

Muhammad Ali was a big mistake, spoilt the whole show, showing the greatest boxer that ever lived as a vegetable. otherwise it was brilliant.

Got to agree with you, seeing what he was to what he has become is a shame and he did not need to be put through that

I thought it was fitting to honour Muhammad Ali. He didn't mind and showed great courage, great man!

OOps! I thought the Queen and Mr Bean were the same person.....same expression.

I actually enjoyed the ceremony but it could have ended with something more rousing....'We are the champions'' for example, not Hey hey Jude Jude don't make don't make me me' etc.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back