Opening ceremony?

No-ones mentioned the dancers yet :LOL: :LOL:

Months upon months of time to rehearse and yet still all out of time with eachother.
Fair play to them for bothering to turn up, but shocking performance nonetheless.

Volunteers, did you do your bit or just back seat critic?

Sponsored Links
No-ones mentioned the dancers yet :LOL: :LOL:

Months upon months of time to rehearse and yet still all out of time with eachother.
Fair play to them for bothering to turn up, but shocking performance nonetheless.

I'm struggling to see the out of time, shocking dancers?

I'll keep looking though!

Sat back and watched the fiasco unfold.:cry:

I wasn't talking about the p*ss poor theatrical dancers peaps, I meant the people who had dancing to a piece of music as their only sole task. They f*cked up, volunteers or not.
Months of practice time not used.

Someone got it spot on earlier in this thread when they mentioned we could have made it a spectacular, global sensation. It was a mess.

Are you ever gonna agree with me about anything, ever? :LOL: :LOL:

Sat back and watched the fiasco unfold.:cry:

I wasn't talking about the p*ss poor theatrical dancers peaps, I meant the people who had dancing to a piece of music as their only sole task. They f*cked up, volunteers or not.
Months of practice time not used.

Someone got it spot on earlier in this thread when they mentioned we could have made it a spectacular, global sensation. It was a mess.

Are you ever gonna agree with me about anything, ever? :LOL: :LOL:

It wasnt meant to be a spectacular ceremony, it was show the culture and meaning of Britain.....every other nation has been praising it, some saying it was the best opening ever.

We could have gone the way Beijing did, and just have 1000's people beating drums with lights all night....not that meaningful though is it?

Sponsored Links
The culture of rap and gang mentality. FFS. :rolleyes:

Just watched the cycling, bit of a cock up there on GBs part.
But.
I see the BBC production team consists of amateurs again.
Sprint to the finish line and what happens?
They show the chasing group over 500 metres behind.

And what's with the camera in the face when Cancellara is with his coach?

Watched it this morning and enjoyed it thought it was cleverly put together.
The worlds media seems to think it was good as well so GB has entertained the globe which is what its aim was

Watched some of it.

Technically a fireworks and acrobatics show may have been more impressive, but more generic.

May not have been perfect, but was good and memorable, had character.

I confess, i watched it and thought it was good, it would have been better if a Concord had flown over and a Harrier jump jet had emerged from the hillock, i also didn't like the French being used before the English but i think it was a courtisy to the French president of the olympic comittee. :confused:

Or an Ideal Concord. Just a lump of cast iron with a burner and on-off thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Back