outside 13amp heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to install an outside heater on an wall of my property, the heater is 13amp and plugs straight in.
Problem is i dont have a socket on that wall, i was thinking of putting a whole new lenght of flex on the heater and clipping it through to the nearest socket. It will need about an extra 10meters of flew to extend .
What type of flex should i replace it with?
Fire is rated at 2000w at its highest setting, and a rcd fixed socket will be used.
Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
What exactly is the heater? Have you a picture? Is it IP rated?

Sounds dangerous

I am wanting to install an outside heater on an wall of my property,
Then stop wanting it - it's a disgusting idea.

Problem is i dont have a socket on that wall,
Good.

i was thinking of putting a whole new lenght of flex on the heater and clipping it through to the nearest socket. It will need about an extra 10meters of flew to extend .
I hope you fall off the ladder and injure yourself.

What type of flex should i replace it with?
Telephone cable.

Any help would be great.
Help is here.

Sponsored Links
GJ you really need to have a SteelWireArmour run to your outbuilding for the appliance you have, any work that is done externally is notifyable under the Part P scheme- if you get found out external work carried out and done incorrectly with the regs carrys a heft fine

I think Part L limits you to 70W without special consent from council plus Part P remember the thought police big brother is watching you!
Didn't happen in 1984 labour party was not in power but can't even tarmac your drive now without permission?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back