outside caravan boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok can someone please tell me if im right !
cant remember the reg number (i wrote it on paper work i received at work but im at home now)

im led to believe the reg for an outside static caravan box is between 0.5m and 1.5m high (0.5 being min and 1.5 being max) and not 300mm to 400mm (300 being min and 400mm max as was stated in a letter)

Sponsored Links

The socket-outlets shall be placed at a height of 0.5m to 1.5m from the ground to the lowest part of the socket-outlet. In special cases, due to environmental conditions such as risk of flooding or heavy snowfall, the maximum height is permitted to exceed 1.5m.

BUT - You need to consider what a Leisure accomadation Vehicle is though, as this is what this reg applies to.

Leisure accommodation vehicle: A unit of living accommodation for temporary or seasonal occupation which may meet requirements for construction and use of road vehicles.

thanks guys

i was sent a big letter from a big company with pictures on how not to do it and this is the way to do it !!

but was clearly stated the armoured cables coming out the ground must not exceed 300 to 400 mm max to bottom of box ??

i sat thinking thats wrong

i pulled regs out to find exact reg number and wrote it next to there letter but dont know if i should stand up to them and tell them they are wrong ??

Sponsored Links
thanks all i just didnt know if i was missing something i didnt know about

As I said, you need to consider what a Leisure Accomadation Vehicle is, as this is what this reg applies to.

If this is a park home for example, the reg does not apply to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back