What does the P stand for in Part P?

Right. Did i say i wanted a signature for free? NO!

And dont tell me to get stuffed.....it isnt polite.

Have i insulted you? NO.....

This is a forum?....YES....for discussion........YES!. - this is what im doing.

Sponsored Links
And in response to your question about tiling. ..yes i would.

Maybe cos thats the kinda guy i am. Ive been to give advice to a few people on what adhesives etc to use, how to prep a floor...what grouts to use, wether to use auqapanel or not, the list could go on.

I dont winge about it. I dont say...oh no, cant do that......like most sparkys.

Right. Did i say i wanted a signature for free? NO!
err yes you did... "come out to look at anything ive done (cos obviously its not a paying job!) "

And dont tell me to get stuffed.....it isnt polite.

you're right, it is impolite, it was intended as a friendly retort as you would tell your mates... ( must remember to include more smileys :) )

Have i insulted you? NO.....

no, but then again, where did I insult YOU?

This is a forum?....YES....for discussion........YES!. - this is what im doing.

no it's not for discussion, it's for asking and recieving help on specific electrical problems..
there is a general discussion forum if you would like to discuss the unfairness of the governments regulation of specific works relating to DIY and the home..

I ment the not a paying job from the aspect that the spark in question wouldnt be able to charge for the physical side of the work....obviously i dont expect to get something like an inspection for free and as my understandin of things is, and from what ive been told....no one will sign off on someone elses work paid or unpaid. tet or no test. How accurate is that?

Apologies that i took you get stuffed comment to heart.

Sponsored Links
most registered sparkies will not sign off and notify others work, but you might find the odd one or 2 if you could show then that you had sufficient knowledge to do it such as cable calcs, and pictures of the runs and stuff, and providing that they did the electrical testing themselves..

others might be willing if they can come and inspect your work at the first fix stage to see cable runs for themselves..

then you have friends or family who might be willing to.. ( such as my second cousins husband ) since I'm a fully qualified sparky but not registered.. ( he's happy to sign off any notifiable work I do in my own home or other family members, but not any work I'd do outside the family )

and no apologies needed, like I said, i must learn to use smileys where appropriate to indicate joking..

You hit the nail on the head there....thats what i was meaning by signing off my work....finding someone who would say 1st fix is ok, etc etc....

Maybe you thought i was just gonna go ahead and fire the whole lot up and then ask for a freebie certificate.

This isnt what i meant. Im happy to receive any guidance so the work is done right...and im willing to pay for it but in my area, cant get anyone to do that. Hence the frustration.

Dya get me? :eek:

you may get better responses if you offered up front to pay for a few hours to inspect the first fix, and then to pay for them to inspect and test the final, but then it'll probably work out about the same to get them to do it unless it's a fairly hefty job like a partial / full rewire..

ColJack,

The job itself consists of the following:

Extending into the ring on one side of the kitchen where a double socket is. This is to include two 13a FCU's to feed my undercounter w/machine and d/washer.

Similar the other side. at one point, where single socket is, extend into ring to include a double ( which will replace single) and two FCU's...one for a built under freezer, the other for a built in micro in wall unit.

Im not gonna hijack this one and moan on about the hob but im sure youve seen my other post concerning this.

I guess at some point, i also need to think of including another FCU for my ducted out extractor hood too but its now late and i dont wanna bore you to death...................

Steve,,

I'm not being funny, but do you think you could you get a "Gas safe" / "Corgi" guy to sign off your gas work?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Getting advice for fititing a tiled floor is slightly different to getting advice to safely wire your house..

.... and if you give advice you really should be charging a consultancy fee

Steve,,

I'm not being funny, but do you think you could you get a "Gas safe" / "Corgi" guy to sign off your gas work?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Getting advice for fititing a tiled floor is slightly different to getting advice to safely wire your house..

.... and if you give advice you really should be charging a consultancy fee

Have already stated that i dont mind paying a fee.....problem is as again i stated is getting someone to do it.

Steve,

as you've been told before, no one who is registered on a scheme should be signing off someone elses work unless they are an employee of that person.

If they did sign off someone elses work and the preverbial did hit the fan, then they could be risking a prison sentence

Lets get this straight once and for all.

I dont want a freebie signature or MWC etc.....what i wouldnt mind (if i could get it which is doubtful) is a spark who would come out at various stages to check my work.

Im here to get as much advice so that IF i chose to use this route, then i wouldnt be wasting the sparkys time IF he did come to check.....

A standard i go by in my trade is measure twice...cut once....

Basically, if you can, make sure its done right instead of having to go back and correct errors for this example.

most registered sparkies will not sign off and notify others work, but you might find the odd one or 2 if you could show then that you had sufficient knowledge to do it such as cable calcs, and pictures of the runs and stuff, and providing that they did the electrical testing themselves..

others might be willing if they can come and inspect your work at the first fix stage to see cable runs for themselves..

then you have friends or family who might be willing to.. ( such as my second cousins husband ) since I'm a fully qualified sparky but not registered.. ( he's happy to sign off any notifiable work I do in my own home or other family members, but not any work I'd do outside the family )

Whats this then Noz?

and no apologies needed, like I said, i must learn to use smileys where appropriate to indicate joking..

Whats this then Noz?

ILLEGAL!!!!!

Look, it's obvious you are going to do this work yourself with your limited electrical knowledge,,, just don't ring me up when it all goes wrong

OK....forget this. All i was tryin to do was get some advice.....maybe i should come back as attractive blonde i might get some without lots of winging about you cant do this and cant do that....

Seems apparent that the lot of you were prepared to help her out as much as possible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back