outside socket

So my understanding that extending, say a final ring main or a lighting circuit, from the house to the Conservatory does not need notifying is correct.
Thanks for clarifying that. :D

correct, but that's not what you said..

if for example you were installing a new circuit back to the CU then it's notifiable, or if you were installing a small CU in the conservatory, then it's notifiable etc..

in as much as whatever is notifiable for the rest of the house is notifiable in the conservatory.

Sponsored Links
ahh that may be the case, i replaced a dual gang back box with a dual accessory box which appears to be the same size as a dual gang, but because it was surface mounted i didnt notice any difference, but just having looked i can see that it is different!

sorry for wrong advice!

Sponsored Links
Yep, all electrical work in domestic dwellings in England and Wales falls under Part P and regardless of wether it is notifiable or not, still has to comply with P1 of Part P.
The work involving adding sockets and lights inside the conservatory will probably not be notifiable providing it doesn't require any work in a kitchen, work in a special location (bathrooms etc) and on special installations.
Adding an outdoor socket is definately notifiable.

Exactly my point - people seem to think that to comply with Part P is all about notifiable work. It isn't.

Guy's..................

Thanks for a good and interesting read.
Lots of avenues opened and some good suggestions as well as debates.
Aware it is a part P installation as the conservatory is only 2yr old.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back