Overheard at the beach...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.....some Scots bloke advising one of our African cousins on how to fill in a form to make a claim for £5000.00. Now I don't know who he was making the claim to, but you can bet that it's the Government and ultimately coming out of our pockets. Items he was told to list were, essential travel expenses, a computer and printer, phone, fax and stationary. Now I happen to have essential travel expenses and I could do with a new PC, printer and phone amongst other things. The downside for me and millions of others who are working British citizens is that we have to pay for it out of our own pocket. Wonder what cut the Scots guy was getting?

Sponsored Links
Why did you mention their nationalities? Would it have been different if one had been Icelandic and the other was Tazmanian, would you have mentioned it then? How did you know one of them was African, did you recognise the accent, what country was he from? How do you know they weren't discussing business expenses or training allowances? Is this the first time you have eavesdropped on a conversation and then reported it on the internet? Will you be doing much more of it?

hermes said:
Why did you mention their nationalities? Would it have been different if one had been Icelandic and the other was Tazmanian, would you have mentioned it then? How did you know one of them was African, did you recognise the accent, what country was he from? How do you know they weren't discussing business expenses or training allowances? Is this the first time you have eavesdropped on a conversation and then reported it on the internet? Will you be doing much more of it?

What's it to you?

joe-90 said:
What's it to you?

Surely Solo told us this story for us to take an interest in it?

Times must be dull in Albania.

Sponsored Links
too many stinking fugees taking the cash out of the country

lock the door to the scum

solo said:
.....some Scots bloke advising one of our African cousins
If he was a relative of yours, why didn't you ask him about it?

The downside for me and millions of others who are working British citizens is that we have to pay for it out of our own pocket.
But this conversation took place in Albania - what makes you think it was anything to do with the UK?

Slogger

too many stinking fugees taking the cash out of the country

lock the door to the scum
Dont think they all stink, but get your drift. ;)

For Hermes....the nationalites are relevant. Scotsman, obviously a national, using whatever position he holds to enable an immigrant obtain money/financial assistance from this country, that a normal citizen is denied access to and possibly profiting from it. He could have been English or Welsh or Lithuanian but he wasn't.
African, because he was black and said he was from Nigeria, although he said that he would say on the form that he was not from there. Zimbabwe, probably, just guessing.
Eavesdropping....no. The two of them were talking loud enough for my dead gran to hear, same as the bloke half a hour later ordering his drugs.
Were there racist undertones to my post. Maybe,maybe not. I'm just so F*****K tired of seeing people who contribute so little, taking more than they should be entitled to out of the system. And that applies whether they've just arrived on the chassis of a HGV lorry or they're the same bone idle so and so's who I see sat outside the pub everyday and I know they haven't worked a day in their lives.
Obviously,despite all the nationalities involved this is all really happening in Albania.

It was the southern Irish who would come over to the U.K. and make dole claims in the past,
Does anyone know how the southern Irish could come over to the U.K. in the 70's 80's & 90's and make claims when they are from another Country?

Scott1968

solo said:
For Hermes....the nationalites are relevant.
Only to a racist.

Scotsman, obviously a national,
Not necessarily - could just have been someone with a Scottish accent.

using whatever position he holds to
How do you know he held any "position"?

enable an immigrant obtain money/financial assistance from this country, that a normal citizen is denied access to
How do you know that?

and possibly profiting from it.
Pure speculation.

He could have been English or Welsh or Lithuanian but he wasn't.
African, because he was black and said he was from Nigeria, although he said that he would say on the form that he was not from there. Zimbabwe, probably, just guessing.
More speculation.

Were there racist undertones to my post. Maybe,maybe not.
There's no maybe about it...

I'm just so F*****K tired of seeing people who contribute so little, taking more than they should be entitled to out of the system.
No - you're just a racist.

Obviously,despite all the nationalities involved this is all really happening in Albania.
If you have evidence of criminal activity in Albania, then report it to the relevant Albanian authorities.

lol @ BAS the ethnics hero

we shouldnt give the refugees anything

there is no need for them to pass through france/germany unless its a free meal ticket they are after

lock the doors to them all

RACIST :LOL: the more you say it the more it makes sence lets look after our
own

scott1968 said:
It was the southern Irish who would come over to the U.K. and make dole claims in the past,
Does anyone know how the southern Irish could come over to the U.K. in the 70's 80's & 90's and make claims when they are from another Country?

Scott1968

They claimed benifit quite legally ,just like anybody else from a EU country at the time,and the british goverment would then bill the country of origin for any benifit claims made

Sponsored Links
Back