Overide switches

Sorry guys forgot this

The outside lights will be on a seperate breaker from the new box being fitted and the lounge switch will be from the existing downstairs lighting circuit. Got too caught up in trying to keep it all neat I forgot this

Thanks again for the help :)

Sponsored Links
The outside lights will be on a seperate breaker from the new box being fitted and the lounge switch will be from the existing downstairs lighting circuit.
Have your electrician put a DP isolator next to the CU for the outside light circuit, then you'll be OK with a regular 3G light switch in the lounge.

Or have the lights on an RCBO, then if they do trip, they only trip themselves.

No actual requirement for a double pole switch though, AFAIK.
So water getting into an outside light can never generate a NE fault?

:confused:

I'm not disputing that, and I think it's a good idea.

My comment is that, as far as I know, it's not compulsory to have a double pole switch.

I only mention this as fitting a double pole switch could prove difficult for the op who appears to be trying to make a neat job without fitting loads of switches and making too much work.

Sponsored Links
If you take this path you need to be careful.

The switch will need both circuits to be turned off to properly isolate it.

Its worth putting a note in the switch box and on the consumer unit to make future users/sparks aware of this.

Ok, double pole isolator or rcbo, got that, then use a normal 3g light switch.

The new box will be bang up to date so ill let the spark know this is required :) not saying that he wouldnt but best to mention it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back