Overkill, 2 Consumer Units.

Sponsored Links
To add to RF's comment re price, there may be another price-led reason why it is how it is.

The guy cannot find the right RCBO's or gets asked to add additional fittings unexpectedly.

It is cheaper to grab a board off the van and fit it rather than go hunting for the Crabtree gear.

However, what's wrong with leaving things how they were and adding an RCD spur to each of the circuits, with 5A fuses in?

apart from the mising lid, which may be nothing to do with the installer of the consumer unit, the customer has got a more versatile installation for expanding on than he would have, he also has a (cheap) board which has readily available parts. it's not conventional but it is perfectly acceptable. I my friends new house i fitted two similar boards as in the picture at my friends request with my guidance. therefore he has got his installation split over 4 RCD's and has the option of fitting 4 MCB only circuits / RCBO's in the future although one has been ear marked for an alarm and one has been earmarked for smoke / heat detectors when he converts the attic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back