Pan connector confusion!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the final stages of working our my bathroom plumbing and I'm confused about the toilet waste.

I need to have the pan connector come out horizontally to connect to the soil pipe on the wall, is this ok?

I hope my diagram below makes sens. The right angle pan connectors are only 240mm long, so I think i need an extender to reach the soil pipe. The soil pipe is further from the back wall than the hole on the toilet so I need to adjust for this somehow. It's also 50mm lower but that's good for the drop, if these connections have enough give?

These are the various mcalpine parts that could work, but I'm unsure of how they differ or how they fit together. Any advice on what might work based on my diagram would be extremely helpful.

These are the various 90 degree pan connectors :

Macfit pan connector

Rigid pan connector

Space saving pan connector

And the extension pieces :

macfit extension

Straight extension

Offset extension

20200511_104039.jpg

Sponsored Links
You want to use 110mm soil pipe up as close to the pan as possible so you only need to use 1 pan connector. It may be more straightforward for you to use a 110mm 90deg elbow to go left from the wall, a short piece of pipe, then another 90Deg to go left towards the toilet and then a small piece of pipe and/or a long right angled rigid pan connector to fit to that.

50mm drop over 600mm would be loads.

What material is the existing soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
You want to use 110mm soil pipe up as close to the pan as possible so you only need to use 1 pan connector. It may be more straightforward for you to use a 110mm 90deg elbow to go left from the wall, a short piece of pipe, then another 90Deg to go left towards the toilet and then a small piece of pipe and/or a long right angled rigid pan connector to fit to that.

50mm drop over 600mm would be loads.

But the pipe is pipe is only 13mm from the wall and it's a short run to get to the toilet, so I don't see why make lots of corners? It's hidden in the corner and I could box it in after.

You said not to use more than one pan connector, do you also mean the extension prices I linked to? If not using an extension how do you join two pieces of 110mm pipe, can you do solvent weld

So you could go with what Rob said, or use x2 45 degree bends https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/...wbLH97IlCB9SlmlnjHpKzRwOsutjoeqBoC-qwQAvD_BwE and some pipe with your pan connector.

Sorry im I'm a bit confused,o aretare youa making trying to deal with difference in distance from the wall between the soil pipe and the toilet waste outlet?

Also, can you just solvent weld 110mm waste pipe like smaller water pipes? If so, why do they make those extenders I linked to

110mm plastic should be uPVC, and will happily solvent weld, (most plastic pipe manufacturers also make a range of solvent weld soil.) If you are in a position to extend the existing soil pipe with rigid pipe and fittings, then that is a far superior option.

The extension pieces in your links are for situations where other materials are present, cutting and extending a cast iron soil pipe for example, isn't a job for the faint hearted!

It's hidden in the corner and I could box it in after.

If it is 130mm to the centre of the existing pipe as per your sketch then just come straight off it with no bends and fit a bent pan connector at the toilet.

Is the existing pipe a plain end or socket? how far does it stick out from the wall?

If it is 130mm to the centre of the existing pipe as per your sketch then just come straight off it with no bends and fit a bent pan connector at the toilet.

Is the existing pipe a plain end or socket? how far does it stick out from the wall?

Thanks, what's a bent pan connector? If I used the space saving pan connector that I linked to, then it comes off horizontally exactly at the same place as the toilet waste outlet. So then there's a 30mm discrepancy between the toilet and the wall, over a distance of 500mm will this be able to just got at a slight angle? Do you think this space saving one used horizontally will cause any issues with that bend in it?

The existing pipe is a plain end and sticks out about 25mm now, but after render and plaster I doubt there will be much left. But I won't plaster right up to it so there will always be that 25mm to attach something to. Should I use solvent weld here, or some sort of attachment? Might be useful if it can come off if there are toilet issues

Thanks for all the help, so useful!

20200511_135310.jpg

I would get a coupling onto that end before you plaster, in this instance a solvent weld version may be better as they are slimmer and will require less of the surrounding wall chopping away to accommodate. (Check before applying any glue, some are 'handed' with an arrow in direction of flow!)

See how it line up with the pan, Space Saver connector may well fit without too much ado.

110mm plastic should be uPVC, and will happily solvent weld, (most plastic pipe manufacturers also make a range of solvent weld soil.) If you are in a position to extend the existing soil pipe with rigid pipe and fittings, then that is a far superior option.

The extension pieces in your links are for situations where other materials are present, cutting and extending a cast iron soil pipe for example, isn't a job for the faint hearted!

Ok thanks, so basically solvent weld whit 110mm pipes from the wall to the toilet and just use a 90 degree pan connector at the end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back