Parking fine

B

Bodd

My mate got a ticket while working on a flat at a private estate.

I know when I got a fine at McDonald's I just ignored it and the eventually gave up.

Where does he stand.. I don't think this was from the local authority

Sponsored Links
Your friend hasn't got a 'fine' and neither did you for parking at McDonalds. You both got an invoice for parking on someone else's property. You can choose to ignore the invoice and they may or may not pursue you through the courts.

Sponsored Links
A picture of the "ticket" would help - its sounds like a parking charge notice not a penalty charge notice. It will refer to terms and conditions and will be from a parking "enforcement" company if its a parking charge notice. It will refer to the statute if it isn't.

Can you see this clearly

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a parking charge notice. What signage exists at the site? Is it clearly visible and are the terms easy to read from a distance? Under who's authority was he working/parking? (e.g. the flat leaseholder?)

There might be an argument that the parking was authorised by a higher authority (I don't mean God). For example a lease between the flat "owner" and the freeholder / management company (a Deed). A management company cannot unilaterally appoint a parking "enforcer" if to do so contravenes the terms of the lease.

e.g. No such contract was entered in to as A license to park in the location was issued by mr xyz in accordance with the terms and conditions of his lease. A notice on the van/car can also damage the contractual claim.

I've reported your post to mods in the hope one deletes it. I cheekily looked at the evidence. The signage looks a bit small and the terms won't hold if he argues he had a right to use the space authorised by a leaseholder. I'm just searching up a ruling.

I've reported your post to mods in the hope one deletes it. I cheekily looked at the evidence. The signage looks a bit small and the terms won't hold if he argues he had a right to use the space authorised by a leaseholder. I'm just searching up a ruling.

He was parked in the Visitor bay.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Back