Parkside Quick Clamps Any Good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So Lidl have 915mm Quick Clamps in some branches atm, £10 a pop so bagged two, they seem OK. Normally I'd go with Irwins but I'll only use long ones every now and then so can't justify the Irwin price tag.

Sponsored Links
i use the quick clamps from lidl a lot - BUT they dont have the "grip" and they can move , unlike the Irwins (only have 24" & 36") so I have been looking out for an offer
Mine came in a set of 2 sizes I think or a set of 3 and i purchased 4 sets
cant remember around 2017/18 i purchased from middle
i have some tiny ones, 6" and 12" 4off
the tiny ones i have also used a lot for small delicate stuff , but again they can move, and not grip

but not the ones you posted to

Oh dear that does not bode well ..... there don't seem to be any reviews online unfortunately, I did do a hands on test in the shop and they seem to be able to clamp things quite effectively and I couldn't pull the clamp faces apart and the bars are certainly beefy but no test is like using it for real of course but I just can't justify the Irwin's cost. Time will tell I guess, did you notice they didn't grip well from the off or have they just got worse over time?

from the off
But that was when using with power tools - so clamping a guide rail onto sheet to then saw using a cordless circular saw

i have a silverline saw guide and i also have plaster guide , which all work well, but i did notice the movement and so made sure i did not push to hard against the guide , and use as a guide
mainly when i first lined up against the guide i noticed

so this but without the clamps - just the bar
and this sort of thing

but i purchased from toolstation, cant seem to find

Sponsored Links
I have many of the Lidl (and Aldi) clamps of various sizes and have no problems with them at all, and they are excellent value. The key thing is to remember their limitations, and like any other similar clamp if you go mad and try and over tighten them the mechanism will crack.

So once that trigger feels like it wont go any more, it wont.

Most of us, most of the time need clamps to hold things, not to split atoms.

The whole concept of a quick clamp is ease, and quickly holding something, perhaps grabbing it one handed. So I would suggest the claimed power of the Irwins is more for marketing not the benefit of users. If people want clamping force, they should be using traditional clamps.

So for a limited budget, it's better to have four, six or eight Lidl or Aldi quick clamps for the price of one Irwin, seven days a week.

So, how many shall I sign you up for? :whistle:

I got some Aldi ones for £2 from the clearance bucket which have been ok. If you need something a bit better I would recommend these:

Screenshot_20220519-123018-181.png

I'm not sure what they're called but it's stopped my scaffolding wobbling quite well.

I've got 4 of those, calling them one-handed is a bit naughty cos they can be a pain to set one-handed but they do clamp very very well.

Bought a 910mm one fro Lidl, plus 2 smaller ones. The smaller ones have been fine, but I have just come to use the 910mm one and :
1] It does not ratchet up. Have to slide manually, as tight as possible, then use the clamp, but it is very weak.
2] I can slide up and down without releasing the the trigger.
Hopefully I will get a refund, but I have not found any with the same large clamp heads, elsewhere.

I have many of the Lidl (and Aldi) clamps of various sizes and have no problems with them at all, and they are excellent value. The key thing is to remember their limitations, and like any other similar clamp if you go mad and try and over tighten them the mechanism will crack.

So once that trigger feels like it wont go any more, it wont.

I have a number of trigger based clamps. They perform a function but they are vastly inferior to twisting G clamps if you need to apply significant force (ie. not move when you are working).

Thus far, I have never cracked the mechanism on any of my trigger clamp clamps but, that said, I have never purchased a "cheap" one.

They do however "creep". You can be working on trigger clamped materials, and the clamped matter will shift through vibration.

Granted, you mentioned "limitations" but I wish that consumers were warned of those limitations at the point of purchase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back