Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just purchased a bungalow. It's in need of a full renovation but just doing the planning now. I am wanting to install word flooring (or LVT) throughout as I think it makes a place look bigger. I have seen some really lovely parquet LVT and engineered wood floors and wondering if the appeal is big enough to install it taking into consideration how easy it will be to sell it after renovating.

I know it is quite the craze at the moment but will it be a good selling point? Does anyone know if it's a bit risky? I can imaging an old couple who love shopping at NEXT HOME will walk in and be like "oh this flooring will need carpeted".

What's your thoughts guys

Sam

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use wood floor throughout unless its your house that you intend to live in and its what you like. I'd wood floor the hall and kitchen and carpet the rest.

Wood floors tend to be noisier and feel colder than carpet. People are much less scared of changing carpet it its not to their taste if you're planning to sell the property once refurbished.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use wood floor throughout unless its your house that you intend to live in and its what you like. I'd wood floor the hall and kitchen and carpet the rest.

Wood floors tend to be noisier and feel colder than carpet. People are much less scared of changing carpet it its not to their taste if you're planning to sell the property once refurbished.

Thank you for this. Great point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back