Part P - be very afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely on the larger jobs you can still do all the chasing,running on wires etc (the crappy stuff) and get your friendly neighborhood sparky to do the connecting/testing side of things.

Both are happy :)

Sponsored Links
Does anyone have any idea how much Building Control would charge to come and inspect/certify electrical work carried out by a DIY'er. I know it depends on the size of the job, but they are very expensive and one of the reasons people will by-pass this stage. If it's all about safety, why don't they offer a free service if the work is assessed as being safe. Also, I have phoned my local Building Control Dept in the past on a number of issues - they are clueless. Typical council workers - thick as bricks.

Sponsored Links
austin1 said:
Does anyone have any idea how much Building Control would charge to come and inspect/certify electrical work carried out by a DIY'er.

try actually contacting them. they have a better chance of knowing the answer.

and if you must ask question, start a new thread. this is 3 years old

crafty1289 said:
Mr.DangerMouse said:
thick as bricks.

Just like you replying to a post 3 years old.
:D a new member who has read the rules!!!! :D

Albeit a new member who tends towards rudeness. It is one thing berating someone for replying to an old post, but there is no need for insults. And s/he did the same in a post about a S/L CU.

Please, there is no need to be insulting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back