Part-P

martindale_ez150_check_xtra.jpg

Martindale E-ZE Check Xtra. £45 ish.

It just plugs in a socket, or you can plug it in a test socket youve made to connect to your fixed point.

Sponsored Links
That wants plugging in the bin not a socket! :LOL:
Where does it tell you your actual value so you can compare your reading to that in the regs,you need values not just to know if your socket is wired correct.Doesnt seem to be any polarity indication on that either.
Good for a final check on your sockets to ensure you've wired them right but tosh as a EFLI tester.

lcgs said:
That wants plugging in the bin not a socket!

Your opinion, could closely follow the tester, IMO.

Where does it tell you your actual value so you can compare your reading to that in the regs,you need values not just to know if your socket is wired correct.

Top row of leds.

Doesnt seem to be any polarity indication on that either.

Last but one row and the one above that.

Sponsored Links
Earth FAULT loop impedance.

Test equip is each to their own. That paticular one doesnt do it for me im affraid.Didnt spend long enough reading what all the leds meant. :oops:
Like i said good for a final check but wouldn't use for all my testing.

errrr ok

pray forgive my ignorance

so anything cheaper, or are we going to wallow in symantics ;)

Corgi, try ebay good test equip is going cheap on their at the minute but will probably need calibrating.

That £50 martindale looks pretty handy. I found a spec on http://www.martindale-electric.co.uk/Specs/EZ150 & EZ650 spec.pdf

An EFLI tester is usually hundreds of pounds and you have periodic re-certification on top.

But if CORGI are telling you to test perhaps they can say what level of accuracy is required, and if the Martindale would be sufficient (quote the exact part no as they make lots of test gear).

In a previous occupation we had a safetly bulletin come round warning against reliance on plug-in testers after an incident where a PME supply had been mis-connected at the service head and the plug-in did not detect it

lcgs said:
Test equip is each to their own. That paticular one doesnt do it for me im affraid.Didnt spend long enough reading what all the leds meant. :oops:

Fair enough

Like i said good for a final check.........

No you didn't.

........... but wouldn't use for all my testing.

Nor would I.
VA292.JPG

There's this as well.

lcgs said:
Good for a final check on your sockets to ensure you've wired them right but tosh as a EFLI tester.

Maybe i did. ;)

Nice screwdriver do they come in pz2 as well.

lcgs said:
lcgs said:

Maybe i did. ;)

Nice screwdriver do they come in pz2 as well.

Wasn't in till you edited it, was it? There's no need to treat me as if I was one of your customers.

I havent edited that post.
Cant we just agree to disagree, you like the matindale, i like the robin. like isaid each to their own.No offence intended. :D

The Robin is much better than that Martindale gadget, but corgiman wanted something cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back