Parthenon Marbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sunak has cancelled a meeting with the Greek PM after Mr Mitsotakis said that he would ask for the return of the sculptures.

Surely we should just hand them back?

Apparently we passed a law in 1963 that bars the return of objects that are part of the British Museum's collection.

Let me get this straight....
We have gone round the world nicking stuff from other countries, then passed a law that bars their return?

WTAF?

Sponsored Links
Sunak has cancelled a meeting with the Greek PM after Mr Mitsotakis said that he would ask for the return of the sculptures.

Surely we should just hand them back?

Apparently we passed a law in 1963 that bars the return of objects that are part of the British Museum's collection.

Let me get this straight....
We have gone round the world nicking stuff from other countries, then passed a law that bars their return?

WTAF?
It's a joke. Give em back.

Sponsored Links
I want London Bridge back from the blokes family that bought it.

They were obtained legally at the time. We keep 'em. The end.
Or illegally, being that they were given/sold by the turks not the Greek, a
apparantlythe Greeks were none to happy about it at the time.

London Bridge ended up in some desert iirc

Blup

Could they now claimed they where duped?
No, because everyone involved in the purchase of the bridge knew it wasn't Tower bridge.

They even had the Lord Mayor of London over to open it in 1971.

And, did you know the guy that bought the bridge was Mr McCulloch: of chainsaw fame?

UK looted many countries, now making all sorts of excuses to prevent items being returned to rightful owners, if it was stolen from a certain state in the middle east, it would have been returned straightaway.

Sponsored Links
Back