Pathetic

'The average annual growth in GDP per head, which is a better measure of how much prosperity is growing than GDP growth, was just above 1.7% during the Labour government years (1997 to 2009). And if we take the average to 2007 rather than 2009, excluding the years of the global financial crisis, we get over 2.5%. The same figure for 2010 to 2018 is under 1.2%; the third quarter of this year, compared to a year earlier, was only 0.4%. The economy under a Conservative chancellor since 2010 has been weak, not strong'

Prosperity better under Labour.

Simon Wren-Lewis is emeritus professor of economics and fellow of Merton College, Oxford

Sponsored Links
At one stage I had 3 property's. At some point I've rented all 3 out.. It never sat right with me so I sold the flats.
I have mixed feeling about this I now regret this but think everyone should be limited to 2 or 3 property's and have a resposabilty to their tenants and neighbours.
I'm now thinking about buying a bungalow in Norfolk. In part to live when I retire. But I'd make it a lovely place to live for any tenants who live there until then. I see some sh!t holes and these landlords need prosecuting

Absolutely that's fair enough, i have a friend who rents out a small home to families, some of the people though treat it like absolute sh't, i have helped renovate various rooms countless times, shame because we've put alot of care and attention into some of those rooms, some people just don't appreciate it or just resent the landlord's fortunate position, she(landlord) literally covers the mortgage payment plus a tiny percent for contingency, yes it's considerably cheaper than most similar rentals around here.

Sponsored Links
And if we take the average to 2007 rather than 2009, excluding the years of the global financial crisis, we g
Correct..Pathetic....Notchy removing the years he does like..to make his stats prove his point

covers the mortgage payment plus a tiny percent

so a bit of short term profit, plus long term will end up owning a house that the tenants have paid for.

Lucky landlord

Unlucky tenants.

How is that different than anything you have bought after charging customers?

How did you pay for your house? From business profits?

so a bit of short term profit, plus long term will end up owning a house that the tenants have paid for.

Lucky landlord

Unlucky tenants.

Unfortunately true....

Too many people not enough space to build good decent homes. Hence silly prices.

There's something wrong when a working family haven't got enough to buy a home for themselves...

but they have got enough to buy one for a landlord.

'The average annual growth in GDP per head, which is a better measure of how much prosperity is growing than GDP growth, was just above 1.7% during the Labour government years (1997 to 2009). And if we take the average to 2007 rather than 2009, excluding the years of the global financial crisis, we get over 2.5%. The same figure for 2010 to 2018 is under 1.2%; the third quarter of this year, compared to a year earlier, was only 0.4%. The economy under a Conservative chancellor since 2010 has been weak, not strong'

Prosperity better under Labour.

Simon Wren-Lewis is emeritus professor of economics and fellow of Merton College, Oxford

OK, so what you're saying is if we take the average growth of the last labour govt, just after they inherited a healthy economy, and subtract the years where they ****3d it, they are more economically competent than the Tories.
No disrespect intended mate but you are absolutely, 100% , stone bonker, fcucking mental.

There's something wrong when a working family haven't got enough to buy a home for themselves...

but they have got enough to buy one for a landlord.

Switzerland?, Germany?, Belgium? Vast swathes of the EU can't boast the home ownership levels the UK has, renting properties is the norm. You're agreeing with many of us that something is wrong with the EU, well done, we applaud you.

Things were very good under Blair and Labour especially compared to these times. If the Tory's manage to pull off
this Con, you deserve all what is coming to you.

Sponsored Links
Back