Paypal what is the point

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
Softus I like your style. :evil: Please keep us informed its rather delicious reading so far!

Sponsored Links
PayPal said:
Dear <name withheld>

Thanks for contacting PayPal. My name is <name withheld> and I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you with your questions.

I understand you were asking about PayPal being under FSA in the UK. I
really do apologise if there was no direct answer given to you on the
previous email that you received. To have your question be fully
answered I would suggest that you contact us thru this customer service no.
0870 730 7191 and we will be more than happy to explain this for you. I
hope you do understand that we can not give out much information as to
business specifics thru email.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
<name withheld>

PayPal European Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.
& Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions. Registered Office: 5th
Floor, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349
Here's my reply to that pathetic reply.

I said:
Dear <name withheld>

Thank you once again for a fast reply.

However, I requested a written clarification, not a telephone number. My request is something that you seem reluctant, or unable, to meet. Given your miserable failure to assist me, I regard the "pleasure" that you claim to feel, in the course of replying to me, to be wholly disingenuous.

The clarification I requested is not something I regard as a business specific - I simply read the information on your very own web site and attempted to use the FSA registration number that PayPal has published to find out more about the registration that PayPal claims exists. None of this is, or should be, private or secret, or it repudiates the entire point of the FSA regulation.

In the circumstances, I feel that it's appropriate for me to seek a written clarification from the FSA, which I shall now do. If that enquiry reveals that there is some impropriety on the part of PayPal then I shall act on that information.

I understand that mistakes occur and are permissible. However, the mistake has already been brought to your attention, so if you, as an officer of the PayPal organisation, choose to decline an opportunity to both explain and remedy the error, then I feel it will be my duty, and in the public interest, to report this to the UK Police as an apparent act of fraud.

Regards
<name withheld>

In a follow-up said:
Dear PayPal

COMPLAINT

This complaint is being made with the use of the advice at the following FSA web page:
http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/guides/complaints/making_a_complaint_step_2.html

I have already written to you, and I am not happy with your response.

I therefore wish to take my complaint to the relevant free independent complaints scheme.
I understand that this might be the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), but that PayPal
might have elected to belong to some other scheme.

I hereby request that you tell me to which scheme PayPal belongs.

PayPal said:
Dear <name withheld>

Thanks for contacting PayPal. I am <name withheld> and it is my pleasure to assist
you with your questions about your PayPal account.

I understand that you are enquiring about the accreditation of PayPal from
the FSA. Let me extend my sincerest apologies for the delays and
inconvenience this issue has caused you. I know it would have been also
frustrating if I were on the same position.

Please be advised that the FSA or the Financial Services
Authority has given PayPal its ELMI license to operate in the United
Kingdom. If you would wish to be informed more about this fact, please
contact us through phone so we can escalate your concern to the relative
department.

We appreciate your patience and understanding about this matter. Should you
need further information or immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to
contact us on 08707 307 191. We highly value the trust you put in our
company. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
<name withheld>
PayPal European Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.
& Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions. Registered Office: 5th
Floor, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349
Here's my final reply.

I said:
Dear <name withheld>

Please don't take this personally, but I don't see how you can get any pleasure from falling so lamentably short of succeeding in answering a very simple question.

You suspect that I've been inconvenienced, but I haven't. Aside from the few minutes I've spent sending Emails to PayPal, I've not experienced any inconvenience at all.

You also seem to believe that I'm frustrated. Bemused would be a better word to use, because, sadly, I had an extremely low expectation of PayPal's ability to answer this enquiry. I expected you to fail, but hoped that you wouldn't.

To save any further correspondence, I can tell you that I've discovered PayPal's current FSA registration number. It is 470235, not 226056.

I have little doubt that you'll reply, once again expressing the bizarre blend of sorrow at failing to help and pleasure at being able to help, so really the only remaining thing for me to say is: please don't.

I would just add that I neither trust nor choose PayPal - I just go with the flow when using eBay, so the time you spend in issuing sugary platitudes would be better rewarded if they were aimed at the eBay staff.

Regards
<name withheld>

Sponsored Links
Thats a fascinating piece of detective work young Softus, I see the force is strong within you :D

Episode_5_Darth_Vader.jpg

I just hope that PayPal doesn't find my lack of faith disturbing.

I have just been stung myself...the account is in my name and funds run through my bank account but its my daughter who sells/ buys stuff through to make that couple of extra quid while studying...anyhow two "buyers" have disputed that they have not recieved the goods and paypal has clawed the money back until problem is resolved..the items was sent two weeks ago ,so no chance of them getting it now missing item again..so in effect my daughter is almost £50 down ..I have raised a complaint but I know it will come bcak with blah,blah,blah..closing my account ....but might also buy something that goes missing also first.

I have just been stung myself...the account is in my name and funds run through my bank account but its my daughter who sells/ buys stuff through to make that couple of extra quid while studying...anyhow two "buyers" have disputed that they have not recieved the goods and paypal has clawed the money back until problem is resolved..the items was sent two weeks ago ,so no chance of them getting it now missing item again..so in effect my daughter is almost £50 down ..I have raised a complaint but I know it will come bcak with blah,blah,blah..closing my account ...but might also buy something that goes missing also first.

So you stealing from someone else is good? :rolleyes:

No, I would not steal from another person as I would not stoop that low...it was just said in frustration

Its come to an end now I have lost the money and he has been kicked off e-bay

Sponsored Links
Back