Pendant/Rose-fitting to Fluorescent tube adapter?

26 Mar 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I hope I can explain this well. In my old house I used to have a ceiling rose pendant light next to a tube light. There was only one supply/switch and on those rare occasions when we would need a bright fluorescent light, we could just remove the bulb and fit the pendant into a similar fitting that ran into the tube light.

I have tried to find what it is so that I can put it into my new house but can't either find or know where to get it from! Any help would be appreciated.

I require this for visitors with sight issues.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
I presume you mean this - a bayonet (or edison screw) plug.


However, you would need to ensure the tube fitting was earthed separately.

What about a pull cord switch for the tube?
You wouldn't then need to remove the bulb.
The good old days of plugging things into the light ..... No one thought about if the wiring would take it !
Sponsored Links
I am surprised at the link. When my mother had the kitchen re-done they forgot to rewire the light so it did not have an earth. I had a real problem trying to find a class II lamp. In the end I found a 2D lamp which did not require an earth but all the fluorescents even the type with plastic casing still had a metal plate inside so required an earth.

I do remember the old plug in types but on inspection they were rather naughty it did need an earth which it would not get from the two pin plug.

I note that advert says plug in but does not say what plug is fitted. These
are plug in but not with a BA22d plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local