Peoples opinions of Broag boilers ?

had a look at the atmos today at installer-live today.

i must say it is a very ugly boiler it terrible looking control panel, the trap sticks out the bottom of the boiler and the directer looks like a hippy and they only sell 1000 boilers a year.

but it look like a good boiler that will last and if i have a chance i will fit one :)

Sponsored Links
mehran said:
had a look at the atmos today at installer-live today.

i must say it is a very ugly boiler it terrible looking control panel, the trap sticks out the bottom of the boiler and the directer looks like a hippy and they only sell 1000 boilers a year.

but it look like a good boiler that will last and if i have a chance i will fit one :)

Dan fits nothing else mehran.

Thought you was going on friday and did you meet up with the Argi guys.

today was the only day i could go, yeh was taking to loads of argi folk.

btw i bored the carp of of the atmos guy, the guy for sales for the north east looks to be 17 years old :eek:

btw the wilo pump looks smaller than normal , btw does dan work for there installer company?

Dan Robinson as in jennings plumbing and heating, he's on all the time when the little lady lets him use the computer :evil:

Sponsored Links
the broag remeha avanta plus is a cracking boiler. yeah they use all the usual components like everyone else.
Thing is Broag have been in the condensing boiler game for years unlike most of the competitors that copy. One of the main selling points for me is that you have the option of weather compensation and simple weather compensation at that. Also can have internal room compensation instead and all the usual controls.
Also if you get the 39kW version it can give you upto 17l/min hot water which is impressive for the actual size of the thing.

micky p said:
the broag remeha avanta plus is a cracking boiler. yeah they use all the usual components like everyone else.

So why should I buy one? A kit combi like all the others, so i may as well buy a stainless steel heat X Highline or BIASI.

Thing is Broag have been in the condensing boiler game for years unlike most of the competitors that copy.

They are kit components, it is not like say Atmos with a unique heat exchanger which is basically the back panel.

One of the main selling points for me is that you have the option of weather compensation and simple weather compensation at that. Also can have internal room compensation instead and all the usual controls.

So does the BIASI and cheaper too.

Also if you get the 39kW version it can give you upto 17l/min hot water which is impressive for the actual size of the thing.

No, only 16 litres/min:
http://www.avantaplus.com/index.php?content=39c

The w-b 40 kW gives 17.1 litres/min. What is the difference in price? Then there is parts and service backup and W-B have that. To go for a newcomer boiler like this the asking price has to be cheap to compensate for lack of knowledge in the industry of them and minimum parts and service backup.

Is the 3-way valve pressure activated?

Doctor Drivel said:
micky p said:

So why should I buy one? A kit combi like all the others, so i may as well buy a stainless steel heat X Highline or BIASI.

Thing is Broag have been in the condensing boiler game for years unlike most of the competitors that copy.

They are kit components, it is not like say Atmos with a unique heat exchanger which is basically the back panel.

One of the main selling points for me is that you have the option of weather compensation and simple weather compensation at that. Also can have internal room compensation instead and all the usual controls.

So does the BIASI and cheaper too.

No, only 16 litres/min:
http://www.avantaplus.com/index.php?content=39c

The w-b 40 kW gives 17.1 litres/min. What is the difference in price? Then there is parts and service backup and W-B have that. To go for a newcomer boiler like this the asking price has to be cheap to compensate for lack of knowledge in the industry of them and minimum parts and service backup.

Is the 3-way valve pressure activated?

:rolleyes:
i am trying to give this guy my opinion. not start a bitching war.
The flow rate is 16l/min as you say and i stand corrected.

At one point I stopped viewing this forum due too all the bitching that goes on. I try to give my professional opinion where i can and help the decent people on here. Makes me wonder why i bother some times. :evil:

You could fit a Buderus and have their 22 yrs of condensing experience plus the entire Worcester service team to look after it?

Some pundits expect Buderus will consume Worcester Bosch in the next 5 years anyway, as they are by far the largest boiler manufacturer in the Bosch Group.

As a company we are Broag's main commisioning and warranty agent for both there domestic and commercial boilers.

I think they are brilliant boilers only real problems we have had are when plumbers have messed with wiring, i'll be changing my boiler for one soon.

James

GforceJames said:
As a company we are Broag's main commisioning and warranty agent for both there domestic and commercial boilers.

I think they are brilliant boilers only real problems we have had are when plumbers have messed with wiring, i'll be changing my boiler for one soon.

James

OK so they are good (well you might say that anyway) . Their parts are generic and are in many boilers, what makes this one so special?

Well I can get the Broag 35c condensing combi boiler for £840 inc vat and flue. I had a ring around yesterday and the going price from most places is £770+vat and another £40+vat for the standard flue (£951.75 inc Vat)

I like that fact that Broag are very open with their information about the boilers - you have a complete user manual and installers manual available online on their website, spare parts lists and they answer their emails. People seem to rate them at the same level (if not above) the WB and Vaillant. They use an open comms system so you can add non Broag hardware controllers on to the boilers so I'm not tied specifically to Broag and in general I get a good feeling about the company.

In fact I havent heard much bad said against the boilers from people with experience with them. I spoke to a plumbers merchant yesterday when getting prices and he said the only problem they had with them was shifting them as people hadn't really heard much about them. Once they were out the door they didn't come back.

I was looking at them at the exhibition yesterday.

They are pretty similar to most of the boilers and very reasonably priced with the 30 kW at £590+ .

They use BRASS hydraulic blocks and a Grunfoss pump and a standard motor actuator for the diverter valve.

Its a very well though out boiler using standard components many of which are used on other boilers.

I was a little disappointed with the Vokera who seem to have gone out of their way to make theirs different!

Tony

I like the idea of using standard components (obviously excluding the controller) - at least if anything happens to Broag as a company I can get replacement parts from the local plumb shop.

Cutting edge technology on heat exchangers is a good idea but you're limited to trusting that the manufacturer has enough spares to go around and if they go bust ..........

well it not a bad thing to have a little difference in the boiler(the vokara). but what i don't like is how they have jammed all the stuff in to one conner. ask them how the hell are you going to get the dhw hx out he said it take 2mins...my arse.

also because the burner and hx is mounted sideways you not going to get it out from the front. add this to when some ding bat put the cupboard right up against the side of the boiler you will never get the bugger out.

they also said that as long as the fga is given a correct reading that you should never open the burner chamber to clean and inspect... well if you cant get the thing out then you not going to tell people to do it are you... :rolleyes:

did not have time to look at the broag

Broag boiler have been around for years, mainly in the commercial market though. They have always been a big player, there domestic boilers have been out for quite a while in europe.

I really rate them and not just because i work on them, it doesn't affect me in anyway if i slag them or rate them.

They have a really good technical back-up team and parts availabilty is nexy day if ordered anytime up to 5 o clock.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back