Perks of the job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have much good stuff happen at work but every couple of months I weigh in my stash of old lead pipe.

I got £79 today, well chuft :)

Do you have any perks at work?

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
50 odd KG's of lead, a bucket of copper off cuts and 4 or 5 brass stoptaps.

The lead gets £1/KG.

I replaced a few meters of lead through a subfloor today.

Last edited:
I've collected scrap for years, all sorts , lead , copper , aluminium , steel , brass , zinc and I've even took buckets of bent and damaged stainless nails and screws to the yard. I also pick up offcuts which get used for jobs or heat the house. Anything decent from toilet pans to rope ladders gets picked up and ends up on eBay . I've had customers give me clothes , beer , wine , pies and last year one gave me a small bag of fresh figs straight off her tree.

While at college I worked at unwins, 20% off booze was an excellent perk for a student :) But no, not much in my press days, the occasional freebie, although I did once get permission to resell a set of pics by my boss at a Sunday paper which earned me another £3k on top of my paper day wage. It was rare for that to happen when it was the paper who sent you on a job, rather than my own tip. Well nice!

Maybe not classed as a perk, I was rewiring an old farmhouse and whist fitting a ceiling rose I saw a sheaf of A4 on top of the wardrobe, they were print outs of the couple who lived there and a third party having a threesome in a Travelodge, at the time they were in their 60s, I could not look them in the eye after that

I get sent on 'training courses', usually once a year. Last year was 4 days in Singapore, the year before was Prague and before that was 7 days in Montreal. I'm not complaining :D

Many years ago, Dork somehow found himself installing the secret hidden camera's & microphones into a chain of 9 massage parlours !

Bloody hell, that lead weigh in seems a load of **** now ha ha!!!!

When I was working for a corrosion control company in Sydney in the 80s one of our jobs was testing the harbour ferries, also included was an underwater fuel bowser across the harbour in Manly, to get there involved sitting next to the skipper on the hourly hydrofoil, a quick test and an hour waiting for the return trip watching the local errm beach display

Sponsored Links
Back