Perks of the job?

Sponsored Links
Oh so wrong EFLI. You are soooo off the mark boyo.
Oh I don't know - met my fair share of confident bullshitters in my time!
Confidence is ok, but good sense of humour is a must for me, after all he would need it :)

But, once it has been banked (NO cash/mickey-mouse names given etc, these days), HMRC advised of it as income, 29% deducted = not that many free drinks…..
Cor blimey, glass half full I see. Literally?!
Those pesky folk who nicked metal and made the laws change, ruined it for everyone...

Oh I don't know - met my fair share of confident bullshitters in my time!
Yourself and EFLI are clouding or confusing the two. But yes, the world is full of bullshitters. However, you can separate the two.

Confidence is ok, but good sense of humour is a must
Agree.

When I approach work, especially at the quoting and meeting the customer stage, I want to appear confident that I can deliver whatever the customer wants. Some customers have commented (later on) that it was my demeanor that steered them to consider my price over other builders.

Don't under estimate confidence. That's why tricksters abuse it so much.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yourself and EFLI are clouding or confusing the two. But yes, the world is full of bullshitters. However, you can separate the two.......

Don't under estimate confidence. That's why tricksters abuse it so much.
And don't under estimate how important a sense of humour is! I just joking, trying to lighten your comment, that's all.

A sense of humour is very important imho

Perks Hmmm ounce upon a time Perks was perks ;) and then some one ? probably some pencil pushing jobsworth decided that some

Perks amounted to theft :eek:

country has gone down hill ever since :)

If it's MPs, it's their entitlement, if it's anyone else, it's a perk, and therefore taxable. One rule for them etc etc.

And some women like confidence, some get bamboozled by bullshite, and others prefer humour. I always found direct sincerity worked for me.

But scientists will tell you we're attracted by pheromones, and we know that you can look across the room and be attracted to someone, so there's got to be a lot more going on than we realise.

Pheromones are natures way of saying someone is a strong compatible match for procreation purposes, which we screw up by wearing perfume and aftershave, but looking at someone across a room and getting turned on suggests there's something else going on, because at the end of the day, we need to procreate to continue the species, so there's definitely something hard wired going on at a subliminal level.

And studies have show that we're only designed to stay together for a couple of years to help bring the offspring to a more manageable age, and then to move on to keep the strong gene pool going. So anyone that think they have any control over their lives, sorry, but you're wrong.

We are all just flotsam in the stream of life, and you can either learn to relax, and go with the flow, or struggle, and go under.

And studies have show that we're only designed to stay together for a couple of years to help bring the offspring to a more manageable age, and then to move on to keep the strong gene pool going.
And what studies are you referring to, that suggest we are designed to stay together for a couple of years, and then to move on?

Isn't it the less educated/civilised members of society who have to prove their "manliness" by fathering numerous children with numerous women and then doing a runner ?

Different scenario Dave, but this brings up the debate of nature versus nurture. Society pushes us into long term relationships, whilst nature needs to spread the gene pool to stay healthy, at least it would have whilst people were few and far between. But maybe feckless modern fathers should be forcibly snipped.

Different scenario Dave, but this brings up the debate of nature versus nurture. Society pushes us into long term relationships, whilst nature needs to spread the gene pool to stay healthy, at least it would have whilst people were few and far between. But maybe feckless modern fathers should be forcibly snipped.
You are misunderstanding and confusing two entirely different concepts: Nature/Nurture and Evolutionary Biology.
What is more, you are assuming that Evolutionary biology is static or you are unaware of it. By its very title, it is not static.
Nature/Nurture argument is about hereditary characteristics, brown eyes, red hair, hair loss, tendency to tan easily, possible IQ levels, etc.
It is not about evolution of biology where a species allows and adapts to its conditions in order to allow the hereditary characteristics to evolve.

According to your model, females would be endeavoring to have children by multiple mates. Or does your nature/nurture model only apply to males?

Sponsored Links
Back