Permitted Development for Conservatory Question

would your neighbour have his plans? my house is a semi and we built a 2 walled extension to close off where the garage is shorter than the rest of the house, creating a utility room.
later, I lent the plans to a neighbour who used the same design as the houses were identical.

I doubt it, she is a little old lady and her conservatory has been up at least the 12 years i have lived here.

Sponsored Links
So can anyone advise me if they have ever submitted anything under the neighbour consultant scheme? If a pay for a block plan as suggested is it as easy as just drawing a box on the plan with the dimensions of the prospered conservatory?

I've not followed the thread, but in general, you don't need to pay for anything. You need to submit one copy of 'a plan' indicating the site and showing the proposed development. The plan does not need to be drawn to a scale, and nor does it need to be an OS plan, but it should clear enough to be identify both location of both the property and the proposed extension. State the dimensions of the proposed extension in writing.

I've not followed the thread, but in general, you don't need to pay for anything. You need to submit one copy of 'a plan' indicating the site and showing the proposed development. The plan does not need to be drawn to a scale, and nor does it need to be an OS plan, but it should clear enough to be identify both location of both the property and the proposed extension. State the dimensions of the proposed extension in writing.

Thanks for this, I have just spoken to my LPA and they had never heard of the neighbourhood consultation scheme! After about 20 minutes she found out what I was talking about, but she said I need plans drawn to scale, and I need to write all my neighbours down, I am a corner plot with a massive back garden, so my back garden alone shares a boundary with 7-8 different people.

So as I see it, for the sake of an extra 80cm to match the neighbours conservatory I might as well not bother and just go out the maximum of 3m from the house.

Or, do I just build it to match the neighbours and risk no ne finding out???

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
You do not need plans drawn to scale. The requirements are set out in law and LPA's are not allowed to make it up as they go along. Where I live, 80 cm is a lot, and well worth going for if you can. Around here, I wouldn't chance it, and remember so Neighbourhood Consultation Scheme relates to 'prior' approval, so it cannot be used in any sense 'retrospectively'

You do not need plans drawn to scale. The requirements are set out in law and LPA's are not allowed to make it up as they go along. Where I live, 80 cm is a lot, and well worth going for if you can. Around here, I wouldn't chance it, and remember so Neighbourhood Consultation Scheme relates to 'prior' approval, so it cannot be used in any sense 'retrospectively'

Is this too basic?

95u6mx.png

Can anyone please advise on the above? I would like to get the application sent this weekend as i go on holiday for 2 weeks on monday.

Thanks

John

So,

I put the plans above in to my local council, the status has been updated today to No Permission Required, i take it that means i am good to go? :)

Thnaks

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back