Peugeot Expert Van mileometer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if this can be turned off when the vehicle is not in use please. My wife reckons it is flattening her battery

Chevvy

Sponsored Links
Its something else, mate - many vehicles have permanent displays and fuel gauges and their current drain is minimal.
John :)

The odometer display will draw about as much current as an LCD clock, so it will flatten the battery.......

.......after a few centuries.

Let's say a digital clock runs for a year on a AA dry cell with a capacity of 1000mAH. that's 1.5 Volts, one Ampere Hour, or 1.5 Watt Hours.

A car battery has a capacity of about 60 Amp Hours, at 12 Volts, that's 720 Watt Hours.

So ignoring any other factors, a car battery has the capacity to power a digital clock continuously for something like 500 years before it would need recharging.

Sponsored Links
I had something similar on a fiat - there was *something* draining the battery somewhere.

So for a while I had disconnect the battery everytime I left the car somewhere. When reconnecting it, I kept hearing a little clicking noise, which turned out to be a relay which wouldn't shut down, so I replaced it with one from the scrapyard, which did the trick.

Does anything click when you reconnect the battery?

Back