PG Tips

Sponsored Links
You're all wrong :p

The only way to make good tea is with proper loose leaf tea, in a proper pot. As far as one cup brewed with a single bag the Yorkshire ones are pretty good, as are Red Label. :D

YOUR ALL WRONG
the best way to get a proper cup of tea is to get your butler to do it for you. :D

Sponsored Links
this is one of the odest subjects iv seen on a forum.... tipical biulders stuff - tea.,.

my point is, you like wot you like... wahts the point in telling other people?

i aint going to change to tipe pf teebag i use based on this thred !!!

Are you.?

Have a bit of patience please, in fact have a cuppa, the next topic is how we do sex :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree with this bit

"Soft water or purified water is best. Hard water may leave a film of oil floating in the pot or cup due to the interaction between the flavanoids in tea and calcium hydroxide in the water. Do not use hard water; it is unsuitable for tea"

when I moved to a hard-water area I found the tea horrible.

I agree with this bit

"Soft water or purified water is best. Hard water may leave a film of oil floating in the pot or cup due to the interaction between the flavanoids in tea and calcium hydroxide in the water. Do not use hard water; it is unsuitable for tea"

when I moved to a hard-water area I found the tea horrible.

I suppose it's what you get used to. I have always lived in a hard water area, so don't really know any different.

Pouring the water into the pot from a height gets it aerated, but this also cools the water down. So it's a balance and you're not going to learn the technique from a website, just like all skills there's no substitute for experience.

My old granny used to say "If you have to add milk and sugar to your tea, then you are drinking the wrong brand"

I prefer coffee myself but tea-wise I always found co-op 99 my fav

Matt

Women can't make tea.
If you ever go in a caff ask for tea with not much milk they always drown it with the stuff.

Good grief you lot are so common, its the bone china cup & saucer that makes the finest cup of tea.

Also WS66 how ridiculas!!! water becoming de-oxegenated, hello, H2O!! its two parts hydrogen andone part oxegen. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No, sorry, the laugh's on you!

Deoxygenated water does not mean that the oxygen component of H2O has been removed.

It means that the available oxygen in solution has been depleted.

How else do you think fish live in water?

Always use freshly drawn water

Here is some water drawn 4 minutes ago:

014_zpscf915c11.jpg

The tea we had at a tea plantation in Sri Lanka a few years ago was like nectar. Nothing like the teas we have here. I reckon it was because it was so fresh.

Sponsored Links
Back