Physics Question

you have to remember it all a mathematical model of what we use to describe observable events. Our mathematical model is very unlikely to be perfect.

Sponsored Links
Sorry folks i've just come in and cant be arsed going through the last 20 odd pages, what i would like to know is if there is a conveyor belt involved in this experiment. :eek:

Sorry folks i've just come in and cant be a***d going through the last 20 odd pages, what i would like to know is if there is a conveyor belt involved in this experiment. :eek:

Plane on a conveyer belt? I'd forgot about that one.I was posting in that before I went working away

Anyway I've thought about the slinky spring video that Wobs posted earlier and concluded that it just helps bolster Newtons laws of equilibrium.

Doesn't prove gravity moves in "waves" though although studying the effect may help go towards finding out

That slinky vid is more relevant to the earlier example of a weight being swung around your head on a string, not gravity. It demonstrates that those who think the weight would be affected immediately are off their heads.

Sponsored Links
Chappy? Can an impossible question have a non-impossible solution? Answer please.

if you ask an impossible question, you've probably asked the wrong question.

But that's the one he wants answered, so it needs an impossible answer or the answer is wrong. He is wrong and he knows it. ;)

That slinky vid is more relevant to the earlier example of a weight being swung around your head on a string, not gravity. It demonstrates that those who think the weight would be affected immediately are off their heads.

It's nothing like it and no it doesn't, there are different forces involved and it demonstrates the Newtonian theory of equilibrium in my opinion

It's nothing like it and no it doesn't, there are different forces involved and it demonstrates the Newtonian theory of equilibrium in my opinion

oh dear. looks like I've flushed another one out

One that is brighter than you? I guess so. ;)

oh dear. looks like I've flushed another one out

Ok clever clogs
Explain the relevancy between the two then as inferred in your statement above, and kindly explain your second statement too while you are on

Bored-cute-big-smiley-animated-066.gif

Let's face it, nobody really knows the answer to this. Somewhere in the thread are links to papers that give detailed presentations for both arguments. Not schoolboy essays - peer reviewed papers written by proper clever clogs and published in proper clever clogs' periodicals. One thing they both agree on is that gravity is a theory - not a law. And we know more about how it doesn't work than how it does. And 'gravitons' have never been found, seen or even hinted at in reality. So belief that one thing or other will happen when the Sun somehow disappers into thin air and to be sooooo certain about it is more like religious faith than science. Neither of the current theories answers all the questions and for that reason I reckon they'll both turn out to be wrong. Which, by the way, means you are all wrong as well.

Let's face it, nobody really knows the answer to this. Somewhere in the thread are links to papers that give detailed presentations for both arguments. Not schoolboy essays - peer reviewed papers written by proper clever clogs and published in proper clever clogs' periodicals. One thing they both agree on is that gravity is a theory - not a law. And we know more about how it doesn't work than how it does. And 'gravitons' have never been found, seen or even hinted at in reality. So belief that one thing or other will happen when the Sun somehow disappers into thin air and to be sooooo certain about it is more like religious faith than science. Neither of the current theories answers all the questions and for that reason I reckon they'll both turn out to be wrong. Which, by the way, means you are all wrong as well.

Yeah if they'd have read what I wrote on page one they could have avoided 21 pages of pointless argument. But then what would joe have done with himself for the last week?
In any case nobody understands gravity, so who knows the answer to that question.

Sponsored Links
Back