Physics Question

Incorrect answers. An answer can be wrong ya know. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes he did. He postulated a question that is impossible in this universe and then supposedly proved it with a solution that is possible. It doesn't work like that. Impossible questions must have impossible answers. If you think that's wrong - give an example. (He won't). :mrgreen:

Right, the question is about the changes in the gravitational distortion and how soon they would affect a neighbouring mass.

The Sun disappearing and the Earth are representations, metaphors, images, whatever you want to call it to help people envisage the situation.

The gravitational distortion question has been answered. Joe-90 your answers on the matter are wrong. You are providing an answer to a question of your own devising. You maybe reight for the question you THINK was asked, you are wrong for the question that was asked.

I thank those who answered, whether rightly or wrongly, as you took the question as it was meant. Thank you for joining in. Not thanks for Joe-90 for being Mr Pedantic, Mr Literal, for trying to bend the question into a manner that makes his wrong answer correct.

I answered the question that you set. If you want to ask a totally different question then start a new thread.

Impossible questions have impossible answers - ergo, you are wrong. ;)

Sponsored Links
The question os about changes in mass and the effects which is not impossible, for which I provided links for.

Joe you are wrong. Get over it.

That question has no answer in our universe. If it did it would take its gravity field with it.

Gravity equals a gravity wave, which takes 8 1/2 minutes to reach us. No gravity no wave. Stop the light we would see it 8 1/2 minutes later, same with gravity.

Gravity equals a gravity wave, which takes 8 1/2 minutes to reach us. No gravity no wave. Stop the light we would see it 8 1/2 minutes later, same with gravity.

I think you mean gravitational waves. anyway I'll put the rest of the paragraph right for you too as it's misleading

In my opinion Gravity equals a theoretical "gravitational wave" , that if is ever proven to exist would take approx 8 1/2 minutes to reach us (if proven to propagate at the speed of light) . No gravity no wave. Stop the light we would see it 8 1/2 minutes later, same with gravity.

No thanks necessary ;)

I've mentioned this in another thread but i'll repeat it here as it's probably a more apt thread

On another note this well known theory
"Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light"
what makes light the definitive one what's so special about it?
If gravity is actually proved to have a finite speed I would much prefer the statement "nothing can travel faster than the speed of gravity" as I very much doubt that it would be found to be slower than light
But just a theory too

That's interesting wobs
I'm going to have a good think about that later!
But for now I'm off to he pub to bash some tunes out on my 339 :cool:

Some of the links around that clip give some nice slow motion vids as well :)

Sponsored Links
Back