Physics Question

Sponsored Links
An impossible question must have an impossible answer. Gedditt yet?

The question is about changes in gravity which CAN happen. Geddit yet?

How soon will a change in gravity effect a neighbouring body? Not an impossible question.

And the answers have been provided. Gravity travels at the speed of light.

Given that the theory of relativity predicts gravity travels at lightspeed also that observations within space seem to support this.

Change the suns gravitational effect on space, how soon would we know about it after the event?

Answer that? To use another idiotic Joeism (he won't!) Geddit yet FFS.

Your question was about something that CANNOT happen in our universe - ever.

It is an impossible question and as such (according to the laws of science) must have an impossible answer.

Give me an example of an impossible question that has a possible solution (he won't). :rolleyes:

Your question was about something that CANNOT happen in our universe - ever.

It is an impossible question and as such (according to the laws of science) must have an impossible answer.

Give me an example of an impossible question that has a possible solution (he won't). :rolleyes:
So why did you give such a definitive answer early on then Joey?

You seemed pretty sure in the beginning of the thread.

Sponsored Links
The difference is that I can learn. I've got a brain that thinks and works things out. What a pity others don't have that facility.

Oh dear Joe.

Question dodging again.

As the question is impossible then it demands an impossible answer? Ho hum, you are stretching a bit.

So the answer could equally be the Earth keeps orbiting a missing gravity distortion? Its impossible but is allowed in the context of the question?

Here is answer to one of your questions stating no mass, no gravity.

Gravity and light share the same speed, the light we receive is from a moving object, the sun is no longer in the position we see it, same as the gravity, the gravity and light is from an object that is no longer there because of the time it takes to reach us. The sun has scarpered 8 1/2 minutes down the road as it were.

Anyway Joe, how about an answer from you?

What is the speed of gravity? Is it instant or does it travel at the speed of light?

You have a brain that works things out? Use it for once.

I'm answering the original question - the reason for the thread.

An impossible question, must by its very nature have an answer that is equally impossible. Therefore, whatever answer you have given so far - is wrong.

I don't know whether gravity travels at light speed or if it travels at all.

You tell me where the sun or your body generates its gravity from and we'll talk.

I'm answering the original question - the reason for the thread.

An impossible question, must by its very nature have an answer that is equally impossible. Therefore, whatever answer you have given so far - is wrong.

I don't know whether gravity travels at light speed or if it travels at all.

You tell me where the sun or your body generates its gravity from and we'll talk.

Hmm. Theory of relativity, plus links I have given show, to our current understanding at least, gravity travels at speed of light. Given that Joe, should the Sun gravitational distortion dramatically change, how soon would we on Earth notice it?

Answer a direct question Joe (he won't. FFS Geddit yet etc etc etc)[/i]

I'm answering the question that you set. If you want the answer to a different question then start a new thread.

What we do know is that the question in this thread will have an answer that is impossible in our universe - ergo - you are wrong.

I have asked you other questions since and you have dodged. Not like you Joe?

I have shown links to show the correct answer to my question which you are ignoring.

You are taking the question in the most literal and pedantic way and twisting the meaning to show you are right. When you are wrong.

Stop wriggling Joe.

If you want to ask a different question then ask in a new thread. You lost this one. ;)

Yes he did. He postulated a question that is impossible in this universe and then supposedly proved it with a solution that is possible. It doesn't work like that. Impossible questions must have impossible answers. If you think that's wrong - give an example. (He won't). :mrgreen:

Yes he did. He postulated a question that is impossible in this universe and then supposedly proved it with a solution that is possible. It doesn't work like that. Impossible questions must have impossible answers. If you think that's wrong - give an example. (He won't). :mrgreen:
Here's one: "Do impossible answers imply impossible questions?"

:mrgreen: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back