Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

I spied this on a rain soaked building site in North London this week.

IMGP2916.jpg

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i wonder if the cores are just wrapped around each other under that tape?

nice

Sponsored Links
I've not seen one in as good a nick as that on a building site for a long time.

extensions like that are commonplace in the factory i work. i have to wrestle them away from the welders/platers on a daily basis!

daft really cos it takes all of five minutes to knock a new one up...... but afterall as they often tell me '' its only 110v!'' :rolleyes:

Factories should not have excessivly long leads - Stationary equipment should be hard wired, or have a socket adjacent.

There should be sockets scattered around to provide means of plugging in tools with minimal lead length.

Air tools are prefered.

110v can be distributed through 110v fixed socket outlets, and is commonly done in large workshops from a TP 110v tranny.

Putting tape on an extension lead admits you know there is a problem and danger. Tape is not a repair material!

I see what you mean, however in a large factory you cannot get away from the use of extension leads. We are allowed to make general purpose leads up to 10m long and for one off jobs longer. We have 110v fixed sockets dotted about the place but half the time the cleaners have been around and popped the supply fuses.

Temporary joints in cables are strictly forbidden.

lectrician wrote

Factories should not have excessivly long leads - Stationary equipment should be hard wired, or have a socket adjacent.

in an ideal world yes, and this is how i try to get them to operate. i will only make leads upto 10 metres long-it just means they have to connect 3 together at times! :D

joking aside its like educating pork sometimes and a topic i often bring up in health and safety meetings.

Air tools are prefered.

correct, but in an air grinder vs electric matchup there is only one winner. ;)

110v can be distributed through 110v fixed socket outlets, and is commonly done in large workshops from a TP 110v tranny.

got 2 of these such setups to replace on my 'to do list' as they were recently flooded. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back