Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

I spotted this in our site cabin this week.

Image245.jpg

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have seen similar at a site I occasionally work at..... But including another wire to an earth clamp around the urinal 'plughole' before it joined the plastic waste. :rolleyes:

I cant decide if it's the pointless bonding, or the pointless insulation that bugs me the most!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, they got a bit carried away with the 15th edition and even bonded the upstands on the sinks when I was at school

I remember working in a county council run museum, the CC engineer wanted the display cabinet frames bonding, even though each section was joined by a plastic insert, he suggested self tappers and straps across each joint, would have seen me through to retirement, he changed his mind when the costs were worked out

A few mis-placed ****es and that 'insulation' will maintain a beautiful aroma for months to come!!! ;)

I found they had supllementary bonded the Interactive Whiteboard in my

classroom :!: Plastic and runs a 12volts :!: Shame the projection cable is 13metres long and the delay between pc and screen is a joke.

Still at least the litle barstards won't get a little tickle when they touch the board

DB in cupboard however has 6 blanks missing plenty of space for fingers to have a fiddle, lock broken as well

Quality work

Shame the projection cable is 13metres long and the delay between pc and screen is a joke.

The length of the cable will not be the reason for the delay (how much of a delay is induced in something travelling at 3x10^8 m/s over 13 metres....)

Oh right thanks for that Sean T.

So how come when i have connected the lap using a lead of only 0.5m is there no delay?

This ain't practical for teaching as some wee sh1te would have to stand on a desk for up to 2 hrs :LOL:

When I enquired with the techies (large beards, glasses and check shirts) they told me it was the length of the lead :!: :!: :!: :!:

Cheers

Shame the projection cable is 13metres long and the delay between pc and screen is a joke.

The length of the cable will not be the reason for the delay (how much of a delay is induced in something travelling at 3x10^8 m/s over 13 metres....)

nearer 0.7x3x10^8 m/s actually - it's slower in copper than in a vacuum. and slower still in fibre (0.6c)

Your laptop has likely got a more suitable driver.

Try your laptop on the 13m cable ;)

Either that, or the 13m lead is not fully pinned, or is faulty.

It sounds like error correction in the projector, all projectors have a little delay, especially DLP projectors, but with a longer cable there will be more noise and more to filter and more of a delay.

Just a theory, I will stand corrected...

Whatever happened to chalk, and if you were really fancy, coloured chalk?

I was good enough in my day mumble mumble never did me any harm mumble mumble kids today don't know they're born mumble mumble...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back