Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice try but not quite.

c3s7.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's staring you right in the face. Thought someone would have spotted it by now :LOL:

Where is the incoming earth? Is the single earth with the SWA just supplemetary?

The earth coming in to the left of the SWA is a 16.0mm² from the MET.

SWA is taking an earth and neutral from the board only, no phase to it? Correction there is a phase going out

No banjo on the gland and red/blue used on the SWA, they have not earthed the DB chassis which is frowned apon, other than that, I can't see nothing else at the mo?

Any test results? Only thing I can spot is by looking at the switch disconnecter the polarity looks wrong as live is usually in that configuration on the far left hand side IIRC.

Second thing what about the earth bar, looks as if that is split in two or is it just the reflection in the photo or my eye sight playing up again?

Third thing no conductivity between the lock nut on the swa gland and the metal clad CU. No paint scrapped off etc to ensure a good electrical contact. This then leads me to no earth on the metal clad CU. I doubt there is any resistance reading between the case and the earth bar.

What do the circuits feed? Looks like a new install so I suspect RCBOs might be required depending on the circuits they are supplying.

Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back