Pictures of bodged wiring jobs...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
CAN ANYONE SPOT ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS ONE:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u190/dynomo/Electrics/board.jpg[/quote]

Umm yeh a few things really, as has already been said theres a few earths missing but hard to tell. I cant see the main DNO cutout and with two meters there I'm assuming there is one somewhere, also the two meters look like ones feeding the other but I'm sure they are not, just confusing with so many cables there. At least someone has labelled everything.

Am i right ? :D

All the best
Dan

Hi Mr RF....

Well, how long have you got....415v stuff / I could sit here for days writing about it........what a mess of potential harm....40 years an industrial spark and never seen such organised poor installations ranging from inadequate 3 - phase id coding and installation, thru poor Earthing, to poor or non - existent firestop...the local tech college could have a field day....by the way....just joined a great forum, thanks guys.....

At the bottom right, next to the meter, what is that? I'd say it was a timer for dual-rate, as its tails appear to go to the meter, but the meter is only single rate. :confused: The switch fuse is for night storage heaters too, so I'd expect to see 2 rates. Unless . . . . . this is all one install and the bottom meter is just night rate . . . But why 3 phase? What sort of building is this?

I fear, as dynomo said he sourced the photos from the www, we may never know the answers . . .

It looks like it may be TT. There may not be a rod & I'm not convinced the RCD protection is up to scratch, either. In which case, those metalclad boxes are a bit Wooooaaah, a bit Waaaaaaaaaay!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back