Sponsored Links
Sure, why not? A PIR is essentially just a light switch that turns on when it sees you.

Wire the light into it too for a few bonuses; you don't have to touch a germ infested light switch after you washed your hands, no more "kids leave the bathroom light on all night, door open, waking someone up early with the light or fan", guests don't turn yoir shower off at the isolator etc :D

Last edited:
The only downside with a PIR operating the light in a bathroom is: if you want a long bath to read that Harry Potter book then you’ll need to wave your hand every few minutes.

I’d retain the manual light switch as a PIR over-ride for those “long soak” events.

Sponsored Links
I'm a big fan of these Airflow extractor fans. They are super neat and the self-closing cover is very clever. The basic fan has modules that you can add so that you can choose which functionality you want. PIR, Humidistat and Time Overrun or any combination of the three. I cannot attest to the effieicncy of the PIR, but the Humidistat and Timer Overrun worked flawlessly for me for over a decade, and as far as I know they're still working

Regards

Tet

The only downside with a PIR operating the light in a bathroom is: if you want a long bath to read that Harry Potter book then you’ll need to wave your hand every few minutes.

I’d retain the manual light switch as a PIR over-ride for those “long soak” events.
Baths? At todays price's not letting anyone have one of those :LOL:

Sure, why not? A PIR is essentially just a light switch that turns on when it sees you.

Wire the light into it too for a few bonuses; you don't have to touch a germ infested light switch after you washed your hands, no more "kids leave the bathroom light on all night, door open, waking someone up early with the light or fan", guests don't turn yoir shower off at the isolator etc :D
Exactly for those reasons, kids always forget

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back