PIR Report

Sponsored Links
Further update.
The customer had another PIR done earlier this month (5/5/09) even more interesting figures.
100_0291.jpg

100_0292.jpg

Still the same DB, the kitchen and bathroom had been refurbished about a year ago. I think the latest tester walked around with a wander lead, I found no earth on 1st floor lighting (on investigation it was a open connection on one of the loop-in roses).
The first PIR was carried out by a NAPIT registered electrician, the second PIR by a NIC DI..........

Oharaf
Those IR readings are clearly made up. From all the meters i've used it would either be >299 or >999 so he doesn't mean that!!!!

Actually my Fluke 1650 series displays >500 ohms on 500V test. As do all flukes of this series

Sponsored Links
The second PIR they used a Fluke 1651, I have no info what tester was used on the first PIR. The property is a small one bedroom cottage style place.

The second test is just as bad as the first. Missing ring readings, incorrect cable sizes, no 5x test etc. Appaling :rolleyes:

BS EN type 1 :LOL:
Don't think the 5s disconnection figures are correct either.
Not sure on those max efli figures for the given MCB type.
Why the differing RCD times too?

The MCB's are BS 3871 Type 1. The cables sizes for lighting and smoke alarms are 1mm/1mm not 1.5mm

Am I doing things the slow way? Why has he done R2 but not R1 + R2? I would do R1+R2 as the easiest method. Do some people prefer to use a flying test leed and trail it all round the house?

I stand corrected hacman. Never used Fluke only Megger, Robin & Martindale.

Still his report is worth jack as is the second example

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back