Plastering before or after radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our boiler packed in and we're having a new one installed in a couple of weeks, along with new radiators. One of the walls with an existing radiator needs replastering, and more replastering will need to be done around the old back boiler site once it's been removed. I'd far rather get the plasterer to come once and get it all done in one go, but am I better off getting that one wall done before the new radiators are installed? And if so, how soon before the radiator installation should the plastering be done so it's ready to take a new one?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes, plaster before fitting the radiators so that if the pipes need moving the radiator is in its final position, unless you're using plastic pipes in which case there is far more flexibility.

The radiator can go on the wall as soon as the plaster has dried. At this time of year, it can probably go on the day after the plastering, but i'd leave the radiator turned off for a few days just to give the plaster plenty of drying time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back