Plastering Courses In Merseyside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving house in a month or so and it has stretched our budget to the max, but I know the house needs work doing to it.

I'm confident I can do alot of the work myself but I have never had a go at plastering. Does anyone know of any good plastering courses/schools in the Liverpool or Formby area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Moving house in a month or so and it has stretched our budget to the max, but I know the house needs work doing to it.

I'm confident I can do alot of the work myself but I have never had a go at plastering. Does anyone know of any good plastering courses/schools in the Liverpool or Formby area?

Thanks
Hi mate im from liverpool myself and im a plasterer, i know you said your budget is limited but i cant honestly recommend anyone other than goldtrowel based in essex.
Costs add up when you factor the course cost, B&B, travel expenses, food & drink, time of work etc, but if you was seriously interested in plastering then there the ones (my opinion)
Another idea would be is to employ a plasterer to do the work for you and he teaches you literally on the job in your own home. Plus you know your going to get a quality finish as to perfect this in 1 week is a bit ambitious. (imagine spending 1k on the course then your finish is just average) At least you may spend 1k but your walls are going to be smooth. Your still going to learn how to cut and fit beads etc, scrim joints, mix and apply PVA, mix bonding, multi, possibly sand & cement (depends on condition of walls) the list is endless...

If you need any help/advice send me a message.

thanks

paul

Is a plasterer going to be happy doing himself out of work by teaching someone?

Hello there,

Liverpool Community College do evening plastering courses. It's about 100 quid for 10 weeks of 3 hour sessions, which will teach you the basics.

Then it's all about practice, practice, practice.

Best of luck
Andy (L22)

Sponsored Links
Don't believe the bumf given out by the skills training guys, they are full of rubbish.

An advert on our local radio was saying, if you do a six week course with them you'll have people beating a path to your door, yeh right.

You can not learn a trade in six week, and plastering is THE most difficult to learn. If you can learn a trade in six weeks, why do we have five years City and Guilds apprenticeships? It does not add up. Just mixing the plaster to the right constancy is an art on its own.

Yes from then on, its practise, practise, practise, but where are you going to get that practice, practise, practise?

I don't want to discourage you, just to warn you not to expect too much skill for your money. Either way though, i wish you all the best.

Good luck.

Agree with the last post. I started off with the nightime course at Liverpool community college 8 yrs back. Spent 10 nites over 3 months skimming in cubicles the size of doorways. The course was a TASTER... no more no less

Prceeded to them go to my own house and seriously screw up the first few jobs. Took about 4 yrs doing it part time before i was in a position to go into a strangers house and do a good job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back