Please help! FTB with eicr unsatisfactory

Its now a question of the best way of renegotiating with the valuation coming in 10k less for a previous survey. But as far as electrics are concerned, I think it seems okay to take a breather I hope
Good luck with the negotiation, but I don't think you should "hold your breath" ...

... we usually see this situation the 'other way around'. Sellers come here for advice about an EICR which a prospective buyer is trying to use to negotiate a price reduction. In such situations I say that it is always my practice to indicate that the house is being sold "as seen" and that the asking price reflects that, including the condition of the electrical system (and the cost of any electrical work that may be required post-purchase) - so that there is no way that I am going to lower the price because of the EICR.

Merry Christmas to all!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back