Country
United Kingdom
since this morning my boiler hasnt flamed up at all please helpppppp
there is a constant red light on the 90 bar

Sponsored Links
icexx";p="1489865 said:
since this morning my boiler hasnt flamed up at all please helpppppp
there is a constant red light on the 90 bar

come on guys surely theres atleast one of you who knows what im talking about....

can't remember what the 90 is, what does it say in the manual? Probably the condense trap sensor(very common(badly designed trap)). Have you tried resetting it? if it doesn't reset, try again in 30mins, if it works then, then definately condense trap problem. Has been modified like 38 times :D

can't remember what the 90 is, what does it say in the manual? Probably the condense trap sensor(very common(badly designed trap)). Have you tried resetting it? if it doesn't reset, try again in 30mins, if it works then, then definately condense trap problem. Has been modified like 38 times :D

funny coz there is nothing in the manual for any kinda faults and also cant find the reset switch have turned power off left it for a few hours still no luck.

Sponsored Links

funny coz there is nothing in the manual for any kinda faults and also cant find the reset switch have turned power off left it for a few hours still no luck.

or i lied 90 means gas failure or flashing flames.

yeh just checked, flame failure. so probably condense trap(sensor interupts flame sensing). Is it not under warranty then? I usually "unofficially" modify the trap, there is a modified part but still had problems with it.

yeh just checked, flame failure. so probably condense trap(sensor interupts flame sensing). Is it not under warranty then? I usually "unofficially" modify the trap, there is a modified part but still had problems with it.

yeah it is under warranty but i have a 2 year old and couldn't wait for the morning coz it is freezing..

had same problem last week on one
is this the one with the sensor on the side of condense trap if it is turn off power pull off leads, turn on combi if it runs ok its sensor on condense trap.
remove blue cap and dry replace reconnect leads

had same problem last week on one
is this the one with the sensor on the side of condense trap if it is turn off power pull off leads, turn on combi if it runs ok its sensor on condense trap.
remove blue cap and dry replace reconnect leads

steve, you will probably find the problem returns as the trap is a poor design. There is a work around which I could tell you about in the CC as a very quick and permanent fix. Doing it wrong could affect safety so won't post here.

Don't always assume its the boiler design.

If the condense runs outside is it lagged or is the pipe bigger then the white pipe if not then its possibly frozen.

If it runs inside did he fit a trap on the end before it enters your drains, this is normal on your sink waste. This can cause a air lock and prevents your boiler dumping water as well a tun dish or something is needed to allow air to pass to keep it running see manufacture instructions.

if this is a common problem you may want to check for that its a simple fix even a small screw driver in the tube can help with the 2 trap issue.

if i had 50p for every condense related callout this winter id be a billionaire installers don't get it right shove a bit of plastic in and leg it.

hi Mickeyg i have the same issue could you let me know how its done to rectify the issue please

Don't always assume its the boiler design.

If the condense runs outside is it lagged or is the pipe bigger then the white pipe if not then its possibly frozen.

If it runs inside did he fit a trap on the end before it enters your drains, this is normal on your sink waste. This can cause a air lock and prevents your boiler dumping water as well a tun dish or something is needed to allow air to pass to keep it running see manufacture instructions.

if this is a common problem you may want to check for that its a simple fix even a small screw driver in the tube can help with the 2 trap issue.

if i had 50p for every condense related callout this winter id be a billionaire installers don't get it right shove a bit of plastic in and leg it.
To mickeyg, whats the "cc"

thanks to all who posted variuos solutions to the flame failure fault on the glow-worm betacom 30c. in the end i removed the condensate trap, cleaned & dried the sensor replaced it and now i have fully functioning boiler. thanks again to all.
hope this helps others with the same rubbish boiler.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back