Please help. Got a new deltabox. Trying to fit to an old panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bit of a problem. I have an optima xm6 alarm and my old bell box looks dated. I bought a delta box X. I took the old bell box off. There is a six core wire going into it. It had a siren and strobe.

The two wire going to siren were red and black.
The two wires going to strobe were blue and grey
The other two were wired up together (I think they are the tamper wires)

On the panel the wires go to as follows
Red wire to bell +
Black wire to bell -
Blue to strobe -
Grey to strobe +
The only problem is on the delta box X it's totally different. I've tried wiring it up. But can only get siren to work. No led or strobe.
The delta box has the following
Backlight disable
T
T
Eng hold
Stb
Bell
12v +
12v -
I would be great full for any ideas
Cheers

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If I'm right in believing the yellow and green are tamper wires. The have all been wired together. I.e green to green, yellow to yellow. They are nestled together in panel box.

Sponsored Links
Wiring diagram instructions for new bell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Should be easy )

Panel - Deltabell
T - T
A - (-12v)
D - +12V
B - Bell
(- Strobe) - STB

Link tamper as "Deltabell to control panel connection" shows
Think if you need backlight and disable if not

Hi serg, thanks for response. I don't want to sound thick. Do you mean take the scb link out on the panel? Then connect my six core wire as follows

Panel to bell

Scb t-t
Scb a- -12v
Bell +d - +12v
Bell -b - bell
- strobe - stb

What about the +strobe on the panel? And do I use the tamp wires on panel for the scb T and A slots?

No in the bell box link 0v to one of the T terminals , the 0v in the bell box will connect / come from the A terminal in the panel (scb) , the other T terminal in the bell box goes to the T terminal ( scb) + strobe is not required.. Ps the scb link will need to be removed ..

much appreciated for the reply's. i'm now sorted at the panel regarding the change of wiring and taking the link out etc. I will try the bell wiring tomorrow. fingers crossed.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back