Please help. Mixer shower leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my mixer shower appears to drip from hose and very slowly from the shower head when it is turned off. I changed the hose but when I unscrewed it to take it off an awful lot of water came out of the bar. Is this normal? The new hose is on and its fitted correctly but after a few hours a large bead of water is forming at the bottom of hose.

Sponsored Links
Your inlet valve is probably not shutting off fully allowing water to pass through and eventually out of the hose

Thank for replying. Is this something I can leave for a while until I can afford a plumber or is it an urgent job?
When I take the shower wand out of its arm and lay it in the bath the water in the hose stops coming out. Could it be water trapped in the shower head?

Sponsored Links
So it wont flood the bathroom or get worse? Will I still be able to use the shower?

Because I was worried that it might spring a leak from the pipe and spray everywhere.
Thank you for your help.

@Gemma22233 ... it's usual to get a bit of water leeching out of the shower head and hose for a while after the shower has been used. If it never stops dripping then it'll be the valve that you use to start and stop the shower that is getting worn and letting a little water past.

Wouldn't worry about the hose going or any of the pipes and it should be ok until you can get someone in to either replace the valve or the mixer itself but i'd get it done at some point as it won't get any better. .

Thank you @Madrab, I have a plumber coming out on 26th. Theres is only a small amount of water seeping out over a couple of hours bit I was concerned that the shower would just pour out and not stop. Will this happen if the valve is worn. I live on my own and get very anxious with anything to do with water.

It's very unlikely, probably it will just keep dripping till it's fixed.

If the shower's above a bath leave the plug out and any leakage will flow down the drain.

edited for spelling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back