Plinth Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My better half has bought a set of colour changing led’s which she wants to fit into the plinths in our new kitchen.

These are the plug type,but she wants them to work from light switch that controls the under unit lights.

Can a socket be put in the circuit to accommodate these, if labelled up’ use for lights only ‘? My spark says this is ok, what do you guys think?

Thanks for your thoughts

Sponsored Links
do you mean these will be fed from the lighting circuit and not a spur of the rfc?

if so fit a 2amp socket and plug,then nothing else will be able to fit into it ;)

do you mean these will be fed from the lighting circuit and not a spur of the rfc?

if so fit a 2amp socket and plug,then nothing else will be able to fit into it ;)

I think the op means that the lights are ones supplied from a wall mart, so if that is the case to use a 2A socket he would have to make up a lead which is a 2A round pin plug with a piece of 3core flex to a 1G 13A extentison socket

Your original suggestion is fine. If someone unplugs this light, then ignores the label and plugs in something with an excessive current draw, the MCB will trip. This assumes the original and extended wiring are all done with cable which is suitable for the MCB size.

Sponsored Links
The original wiring is from the lighting circuit.

With led's having a control box I can position the socket to be as inaccessible as possible to avoid misuse.

Was a little worried as I have never seen or heard of a socket on a lighting circuit before. :oops:

Thanks for the advise. :)

They off the internet, ebay I think. Half price of the B & Q set with 2 extra lights (10 lights in all)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back