Plod has 'regrets'...

Sponsored Links
pretty much.

she got arrested just by being near people who had different views to her own. Doesn't sound like people were being arrested for protesting, but just for being there. That isn't democracy.
She was in the wrong place at the wrong time, is all. Not her fault, to be sure, but sh! happens.
She can console herself with compensation. Better Call Saul!

She was in the wrong place at the wrong time, is all. Not her fault, to be sure, but sh! happens.
She can console herself with compensation. Better Call Saul!
And there disappears some of your basic rights

compensation is not the issue. That's just hush money in this case

Sponsored Links
Will you be prepared to give up your rights for more security in society?
are you happy that people can be arrested and removed, just because they were near somebody who had the potential to do something?

there are sufficient laws in place for reasonable arrest for any reason. This last rushed through lot were heavy handed and wrong

Will you be prepared to give up your rights for more security in society?
Don't forget you parked near the pub the other night. Drink driving is a danger to society. You should have been arrested for being near the pub

Don't forget you parked near the pub the other night. Drink driving is a danger to society. You should have been arrested for being near the pub
A scurrilous rumour that has no basis in fact. I'm surprised at you for spreading such slander.
Answer the question.

A scurrilous rumour that has no basis in fact. I'm surprised at you for spreading such slander.
Answer the question.
I have answered it. There are sufficient laws in place for arrest, unless you can think of any loopholes ?

But your argument that it is just a rumour that you were parked there is entirely the point. Arrest you, in case. No proof needed, just the rumour.

I have answered it. There are sufficient laws in place for arrest, unless you can think of any loopholes ?

But your argument that it is just a rumour that you were parked there is entirely the point. Arrest you, in case. No proof needed, just the rumour.
Nonsense.
Saul will have me out in five minutes flat.

13 hours, not 5 minutes.
Then she needs to find a better lawyer.
You are trying to defend the right intentions, with the wrong reasons
1683968849068.jpeg

Then she needs to find a better lawyer.

View attachment 303320
By removing the right to protest and supporting arrest just for being somewhere.

It was a big occasion and there was a right for people to watch it. There was an agreed protest discussed and allowed for, that was suddenly removed. That was the right to protest, that was suddenly removed.

To remove any "potential" protestor is just a step too far.

Either you support such draconian measures or you don't. I don't. That architect could just be the 1st (or 100th) of a very long list. Including you for parking near that pub.

As for a better lawyer. Was she given access to 1 ?

No rights to protest have been removed. It is right that one person's protest does not spoil the lawful enjoyment of another. Otherwise protests turn in to public order issues. As was the case when protestors will driven over or pulled off trains.

In the case of the several unlawful acts by the police - the key word is unlawful

Sponsored Links
Back