Plod has 'regrets'...

"Mistakes" can be deliberate. The outcome was that a bunch of people the state didn't want there were held captive for the duration of the event, everyone else got a warning that they'd be next if they didn't toe the line. Job done, they now pretend it was a terrible mistake and lob them a few quid in compensation.

I would bet big money that absolutely no individual officer will be held accountable or disciplined in any way. It will be the usual story of "multitude of errors" and "lessons will be learned", .i.e. sweep under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

This is not how civilised countries should be run. But that shouldn't be a surprise, given that we're talking about some nonsense ceremony to mark the appointed leader without anyone getting the chance to vote.

Anyone suggesting that Britain is anything resembling a democracy is either lying or easily fooled.
Of course some of those that they didn't want there included some of those they would want there...

What do you think will be the reaction within family and friends of this innocent lady?

The Illegality and morality of plod and the government will be questioned...

Thus we will have radicalisation instilled by the establishment which will backfire since, even those who have always toed the line will now oppose them...

Bring it on!

Sponsored Links
64 people were supposedly mistakenly arrested, out of a crowd of many thousands. Those 64 just happened to include the head of the Republic protest group.

Just a terrible mistake of course. Utter nonsense, this was a planned and targeted attack on freedom of speech.

this was a planned and targeted attack on freedom of speech.
What about the freedom of those many thousands you mention to observe and celebrate the planned coronation of their King? Assuming both parties have the same rights, who would you stop from exercise those rights - the many thousands to let the 64 exercise their rights and ruin the celebrations or the 64 to let the many thousands exercise their rights to enjoy their celebrations?

What about the freedom of those many thousands you mention to observe and celebrate the planned coronation of their King? Assuming both parties have the same rights, who would you stop from exercise those rights - the many thousands to let the 64 exercise their rights and ruin the celebrations or the 64 to let the many thousands exercise their rights to enjoy their celebrations?
In an agreed separate area, both could and should have happened

Sponsored Links
In an agreed separate area, both could and should have happened
You beat me to it. Republic had spent 4 months talking to the police, and an area for their protest had all been agreed.

Opponents being arrested and locked up by an unelected leader - doesn't sound much like a democracy to me, Putin would be proud.

Last edited:
What you are in effect saying (whether you understand it or not) is that you agree that protest is no longer acceptable...

But then I guess you can 'see' the 'king's new clothes' as you always do ;)

What you are in effect saying (whether you understand it or not) is that you agree that protest is no longer acceptable...

But then I guess you can 'see' the 'king's new clothes' as you always do ;)
So what you are saying (whether you understand it or not) is that you agree that 64 people have the right to disrupt a televised world event with hundreds of thousands attending a being watched by millions.

But then I guess you would consider yourself to be one of the 64 in one camp rather than the millions in the other camp but would you try it if you didn’t have the protection of the U.K. police (who you hate) when the crowd turned on you?

BTW, I’m still waiting for you to get back to me with that location and details of how I would recognise you for that meet up with me that you offered. You seem to have gone all quiet on that.

So what you are saying (whether you understand it or not) is that you agree that 64 people have the right to disrupt a televised world event with hundreds of thousands attending a being watched by millions.

But then I guess you would consider yourself to be one of the 64 in one camp rather than the millions in the other camp but would you try it if you didn’t have the protection of the U.K. police (who you hate) when the crowd turned on you?

BTW, I’m still waiting for you to get back to me with that location and details of how I would recognise you for that meet up with me that you offered. You seem to have gone all quiet on that.
Some weird and muddled arguments there...

What's your definition of "disrupt"?

Are you talking about waving a banner stating "Not My King"?

If embarassing our almighty unelected leader is now an imprisonable offence then we have major issues.

You also seem to be suggesting that royalists are violent, and would assault those who disagree with their view. I've no idea where you've got this idea from, I don't think this has happened since the civil war. Hopefully they're not violent, and most would probably grab any who did have any such ideas.

And why the heck are you wanting to meet someone, against their will by the sounds of it? This sounds weird, stalkerish and threatening to me, please explain if I've misunderstood.

Same as everybody else’s.
Are you talking about waving a banner stating "Not My King"?
you know it will never end like that
If embarassing our almighty unelected leader is now an imprisonable offence then we have major issues.
Who said anything about prison.
You also seem to be suggesting that royalists are violent, and would assault those who disagree with their view. I've no idea where you've got this idea from, I don't think this has happened since the civil war. Hopefully they're not violent, and most would probably grab any who did have any such ideas.
You could say the same about religious sorts but that’s the cause of most wars in this world,
And why the heck are you wanting to meet someone, against their will by the sounds of it? This sounds weird, stalkerish and threatening to me, please explain if I've misunderstood.
IMG_0764.png
Ellal wanted to meet with me. I agreed. Just wanted an address and to know how I would recognise him. Can’t meet with someone if they remain anonymous, can I?

Some weird and muddled arguments there...

mottie won't actually define his definition of 'disruption'...

Because let's face it, all protest involves 'disruption' of some kind or another...

Thus by default mottie hates any protester...

Unless of course he believes that an email to a local MP will suffice :LOL:

Ellal wanted to meet with me. I agreed. Just wanted an address and to know how I would recognise him. Can’t meet with someone if they remain anonymous, can I?
I actually said, you name the place and time...

You'd be carrying a white flag ;)

Same as everybody else’s.

you know it will never end like that

Who said anything about prison.

You could say the same about religious sorts but that’s the cause of most wars in this world,

View attachment 303515
So do you have any idea how anybody can protest against anything?

Or what is the point of protesters talking to the police to have an agreed protest in an agreed place?

Sounds likes a very authoritarian state that you want

Protest

Jeez us wept ask plenty of them fruit cakes what they are protesting about and they would say what have you got

I go past a protest camp on a reg basis dunno what they are protesting about ?? They probably dont either ??? There probably all
Bombed out of there eads ??

What do you think will be the reaction within family and friends of this innocent lady?
That would depend.

Some tough old nut would just laugh and say 'try being at the sharp end of a German bomber' then you'd see what suffering is.

Or, you could talk to an ellal type and it would be the end of their world as they know it.

Sponsored Links
Back