plugs left on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there any device that will show me what plugs are turned on from one location,twice i have found the hair straighteners left on and the iron

Sponsored Links
Not heard of anything either, but yes I know it's a common problem. One option would be to have all the vital items like fridge freezer etc on a circuit, and then have a contactor to turn off all other sockets (or selected few where certain items like straighteners and iron are used,) when you go by out having a switch by the door.

This has problems and would likely need some configuring of existing wiring, but is an idea.

Sponsored Links
You can get remote controlled sockets, I wonder if there is a kind that will tell you on the remote what outlets are still on

there are plenty with neons built in to the switch, but when you say 'light up' how light do you want it to be?

13A-Fused-Resilient-Plug-With-Neon.jpg

That takes me back, it reminds me of a freezer we had from Bejam.

One option:

http://www.green-plug.co.uk/info-green-plug.html[/QUOTE]

I like the look of that a lot, what I don't like is the fact you cannot set the time yourself, you'd think it could be achieved with a rotary control like on PIR's

One DIY (bit of a bodge) technique could be to plug in a two way unswitched trailing extension lead, cable tie a table lamp/nightlight etc into one of the sockets and then allow your wife to use the other for her straighteners

Do what I do. Run around after the wife turning things off. I also routinely check the back door which is invariably found to be unlocked. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back