plumber qualified?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ive just had a new boiler fitted and was leaking so I asked to see plumbers gas safe card but he coudn't produce it. he said he'd bring it next time but turned up with nic certificates for individual gas fitting operatives. is this right ? ? ?

Sponsored Links
Id guess he is not registered. Im working along side a gas safe member at the moment, and as far as im aware all gas safe members should have a gas safe card.

when he installed boiler he didn't fill out book and when a dripped developed i got concerened and now he cant produce his card. should i report him?

Sponsored Links
do you know his address? I searched for my gas guy before he came to give me a quote. They have pictures on there of their faces so you know its actually them. Very reassuring, but in your case I would be ringing gas safe immediately.

I searched the company prior to work and they are fully gas safe registered but I'm starting to think its only the boss who is and he's sent someone out who isn't registered.

if this is the case i assume this is highly illegal what would happen if i reported them?

All registered members should be listed under the business. I would ring gas safe and have a chat with them its a freephone number.

Hi ive just had a new boiler fitted and was leaking so I asked to see plumbers gas safe card but he coudn't produce it. he said he'd bring it next time but turned up with nic certificates for individual gas fitting operatives. is this right ? ? ?

go on the gas safe register website and go to find an installer type in the guys contact details and it will tell you whether he is registered for that type of work or not

Its quite common for the registered boss to get unregistered workers to do the work. Totally illegal but Gas Safe dont seem very concerned and find it difficult to respectively prove as well.

I knew of a G-S guy who was struck off for five years for letting others use his reg number. He is still doing gas installations but just for another reg person.

Tony

I always think that situation should be reported to G-S.

BUT did you engage the company directly or approach the man himself in the pub? Did you get a proper receipt ???

But my colleagues here who use the unreg will not agree with me. They will argue they collect the money and check the installation!

Tony

a proper job/quote looked like a really good company liked the look of the quote and what they were going to do. But then the install wasn't great and now i'm trying to find the installers gas safe id and can't at mo

They have pictures on there of their faces so you know its actually them.

Sheez, I have seen my picture on the GasSafe register, and I would not let 'him' through my front door. Britains 'most wanted' springs to mind.

DH (not my real trading name BTW)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back