Plumber struggling with vr66 install vaillant

you're not able to recognise when you're talking b*****ks

So the people who developed ebus ( as in Energy Bus ) are also talking b******ks then.

Sorry but unless plumbers and heating technicians actually know how the ebus physical layer works they really should not be passing judgement on people who do.

One person who does know all about eBus was a founder member of the original eBus User Club which was founded 20 years ago. I do not think he would be talking b*****ks

Sponsored Links
Bernard, when are you going to realise that whatever you claim to know about EBUS in general DOES NOT APPLY HERE AS VAILLANT ARE NOT POLARITY SENSITIVE. It does't matter how many times you type it out IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE VAILLANT ARE NOT POLARITY SENSITIVE. Stop going on about it ffs! It has zero relevance to this thread.

Sponsored Links
Bernard, when are you going to realise that whatever you claim to know about EBUS in general DOES NOT APPLY HERE AS VAILLANT ARE NOT POLARITY SENSITIVE. It does't matter how many times you type it out IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE VAILLANT ARE NOT POLARITY SENSITIVE. Stop going on about it ffs! It has zero relevance to this thread.

I find this thread confusing. I would not expect it to be polarity sensitive because a good design does not need to be.

But a Bunny earlier asked the OP if he had checked if all the polarities are correct.

Sometimes makers mark polarities to avoid getting calls about what polarity to use.

I once asked a cylinder maker why they marked a flow and return on their heating coil when they are symmetrical. The reply was that if they don't mark them then they get calls all day long asking which is the flow!

I find this thread confusing. I would not expect it to be polarity sensitive because a good design does not need to be.

But a Bunny earlier asked the OP if he had checked if all the polarities are correct.

Sometimes makers mark polarities to avoid getting calls about what polarity to use.

I once asked a cylinder maker why they marked a flow and return on their heating coil when they are symmetrical. The reply was that if they don't mark them then they get calls all day long asking which is the flow!
Agile, I know you got in late on this thread.

It all works but the hot water and the cylinder. What setting in boiler makes it work? I presume it's ine if the d0 settings?

If you've got weather compensation on it, then hot water and central heating at the same time aren't really possible, unless you have the heating flow temperature too high for the boiler to operate in condensing mode.

Its ages since I've done one, but from memory you have to set one parameter (not d0, I think its d7n or d9n) so that hot water and central heating don't run at the same time. Then make sure the times and temperatures on the controller (Vfr 470?) are correct.

Has Vaillant Technical, or your Vaillant Advance installer not sorted this yet OP...?

not sure if it's been mentioned but is it possible the bus wires are the wrong way round, are they polarity sensitive?.......

I can see copper cores on one of the 'neutrals or negatives' going into the 'positive or live' connection on the red ebus connection.

Could it be that I wonder?

Thank you all for your responses.

I spoke to vaillant advance. He went through a few d.7 settings which basically specifies the set up of the cylinder(3 port , 2 port , s plan y plan etc). And now it works.

He said this boulder does not need zone valves . And the boiler man could have plumbed it in a less labour intensively way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back