Plumbers overspecifying boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HSE document says it all really...........................

If pressure equipment fails in use, it can seriously injure or kill
people nearby and cause serious damage to property. Each
year in Great Britain, there are about 150 dangerous
occurrences involving such unintentional releases. Around six
of these result in fatal or serious injury.

End of discussion. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Would you care to post the rest of the report including the heading

Would you care to post the rest of the report including the heading

Irellevant IMO.
The above statement says it all. Lets just be thankful that the HSE take this subject seriously unlike yourself and others on here. :rolleyes:

Here it is again in bold.

Not irrelevant at all if they're not talking about un-vented cylinders.

Nobody has been killed in this country as the result of an un-vented cylinder exploding.

Sponsored Links
Doitall wrote

Not irrelevant at all if thet're not talking about un-vented cylinders.

Its pressure equipment and it can fail. The HSE recognise this.

Nobody has been killed in this country as the result of an un-vented cylinder exploding.

Pressure equipment has failed on numerous occasions and people have been killed.

Unvented cylinder, pressure vessel , pressure equipment, charging vessel . Call it what you please. They can fail. Then people are injured or killed.

Again for you.

Again for you.............. :rolleyes:

Will the prophets of doom please give the details of where they are quoting this information from so other people can access it and make their own informed decision.

Pressure equipment is a rather loose term in this context, it can cover air receivers, steam plant, hydraulics or any other apparatus that works above atmospheric pressure.

Hugh Jaleak wrote

Will the prophets of doom please give the details of where they are quoting this information from so other people can access it and make their own informed decision.

The HSE link given earlier.
Try and keep up. :rolleyes:

Pressure equipment is a rather loose term in this context, it can cover air receivers, steam plant, hydraulics or any other apparatus that works above atmospheric pressure.

I think its rather appropiate.
The HSE ( Health and Safety Executive) states quite unequivocally......

I read it the 1st time. Moderator has asked for excessive quoting to be avoided. Try and keep up.

Where is the SPECIFIC mention of a domestic unvented installation exploding? I have searched the HSE site to no avail. Maybe you could enlighten me?

Hugh Jaleak wrote

I read it the 1st time

Then why ask ?.
Short span of attention ?.

Where is the SPECIFIC mention of a domestic unvented installation exploding? I have searched the HSE site to no avail. Maybe you could enlighten me?

Another one who wants to see dead bodies. :rolleyes:
Have a look at DPS Heat Banks and other thermal store manufacturers. Much more superior to UV pressure vessels which have the potential to do this..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akqvaZ5J1aY&feature=related

Take the above reasonable quote, There are over 10 safety features between the boiler and the un-vented cylinder.

10? You made that up!

As an reasonable estimate what would you say the chance of them all failing the same time in millions to one please.

5 years ago if I said that all plastic cold water tanks should be removed as they could scald people to death if all matters fail, I would have had the same response as those who advocate potential bombs like unvented cylinders.

Yet two people have been scaled to death by cold water tanks failing.

The response? "Oh its only two people!!!" - one child had the equivalent of boiling bucket of water poured over him. So that is OK then, and the cowboys can keep installing potentially lethal equipment and still have their BMWs and flash holidays. What do they care!!!

But!!! There is cost effective failsafe alternatives - vented heat banks. Do they use them? No.

• [*]You tell me why people do not install the safest equipment at no extra premium? And offers so much more with integrated CH buffering TRVs on all rads, etc.
    [*]You tell me why people constantly insist on installing equipment that can explode, if all fails?

Water Systems, Dr Drivel or whatever else your alter ego is today, I have seen your video. All I was asking for was a link to the information on the HSE site so I could read the background on cases of domestic unvented systems exploding for myself. Strangely you all seem either unwilling or unable to provide it.

IF and WHEN you can give factual evidence of an incident of an unvented system causing a fatality in this country I and others may take your ramblings seriously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back