Plumbers overspecifying boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh jaleak wrote

All I was asking for was a link to the information on the HSE site so I could read the background on cases of domestic unvented systems exploding for myself. Strangely you all seem either unwilling or unable to provide it.

Again for you...........

If pressure equipment fails in use, it can seriously injure or kill
people nearby and cause serious damage to property. Each
year in Great Britain, there are about 150 dangerous
occurrences involving such unintentional releases. Around six
of these result in fatal or serious injury.

IF and WHEN you can give factual evidence of an incident of an unvented system causing a fatality in this country I and others may take your ramblings seriously.

The HSE have all the information.

Again for you................

Sponsored Links
Water Systems, Dr Drivel or whatever else your alter ego is today, I have seen your video. All I was asking for was a link to the information on the HSE site so I could read the background on cases of domestic unvented systems exploding for myself. Strangely you all seem either unwilling or unable to provide it.

IF and WHEN you can give factual evidence of an incident of an unvented system causing a fatality in this country I and others may take your ramblings seriously.

If you had any sort of engineering skills, you would take yourself down the failure routes of these potentially dangerous devices. Then all will be clear. Then there would be no need fro you to see HSE reports. I find it is like talking to children here. This is sad.

The little girl died as a result of bad workmanship not because a thermostat failed.

The cold water storage tank in that incident wasn't properly supported resulting in the tank failing.

I'll write something else for you to quote. If you find people on this and other forum's so intellectually inferior to yourself then why bother? There is a wealth of extremely knowledgeable people contributing to this site, trying to advise those with less understanding as to a solution to their particular problem. Most are time served trades people with an excellent knowledge of their subject, and are giving up their time for free to try and help others.

Scaremongering and trying to force your particular opinion does not lend itself to a balanced debate. There is more danger in using the roads but no-one is adventing the abolition of road transport.

Sponsored Links

Sorry mod its relevant.

What has that statement got to do with un-vented cylinders.

You have copied a passage in typical Drivel style to suit your argument, paste the rest for a true picture and you will be made the fool we know you to be.

And look at the un-exploded cylinder again, its still in one piece after you launched it in spectacular style, watch the shed blow up before the cylinder pops through the roof.

As it happens I asked the film director, so can we have your opinion of how the cylinder took off without shrapnel flying always.

Diyitall wrote

What has that statement got to do with un-vented cylinders

The HSE will explain it to you if you don't know.

You have copied a passage in typical Drivel style to suit your argument, paste the rest for a true picture and you will be made the fool we know you to be.

You mean this........

Principal causes of incidents are:
poor equipment and/or system design;
poor maintenance of equipment;
an unsafe system of work;
operator error, poor training/supervision;
poor installation; and
inadequate repairs or modifications.

Have seen it all. No wonder their are so many accidents with pressure vessels.

And look at the un-exploded cylinder again, its still in one piece after you launched it in spectacular style,

Its not. The base is separated from the cylinder.

watch the shed blow up before the cylinder pops through the roof.
The propulsion energy of the steam causes this. You didn't know that. Now you do.
A similar situation happened in Australia a while back.
The energy blew the walls out first. Then the concrete slabs from above collapsed killing two people.

As it happens I asked the film director,

Really....... :rolleyes:

so can we have your opinion of how the cylinder took off without shrapnel flying always.

You need to look again as your perception of what happens in the video is incorrect.

Drivel

1. boiler thermostat has to fail.
2. boiler overheat stat has to fail.
3, boiler pressure relief valve has to fail.
4. the pressure relief valve on the cylinder has to fail.
5. the pressure temperature valves has to fail.
6. the thermal overheat cutout has to fail.
7. the 2port valve has to fail.
8. the cylinder stat has to fail.
9. the pump has to fail.
10. and if you're really unlucky and all that lot decides to give up the ghost at the same time you have one piece of kit that cannot fail.

The expansion vessel

I'm sure Balenza is Doctor Drivel, the expressions he uses are very very similar. I cite a few examples from this thread alone........

The propulsion energy of the steam causes this. You didn't know that. Now you do.

Have a look at DPS Heat Banks and other thermal store manufacturers. Much more superior to UV pressure vessels which have the potential to do this..................

For those new to the forum, if you are a raging buffoon and can't get anyone else to agree with you, register yourself under another profile name and get all the support you need.

The only thing is, you need to learn to suppress writing traits that give the game away. :LOL: :LOL:

Drivel

1. boiler thermostat has to fail.
2. boiler overheat stat has to fail.
3, boiler pressure relief valve has to fail.
4. the pressure relief valve on the cylinder has to fail.
5. the pressure temperature valves has to fail.
6. the thermal overheat cutout has to fail.
7. the 2port valve has to fail.
8. the cylinder stat has to fail.
9. the pump has to fail.
10. and if you're really unlucky and all that lot decides to give up the ghost at the same time you have one piece of kit that cannot fail.

The expansion vessel

And they can all fail which is why the HSE states......

No Ballski you are trying to be clever again and it ain't working.

How many people have been killed by an un-vented cylinder in this Country.

Answer None

The weakest pert of any vessel is the sides, the bottom is the strongest.

Another question for you simple mine, had the bottom fallen out and the cylinder took off through the roof what cause the shed to be distributed in such a spectacular fashion, the wood was broken into a thousand bits and deposited over a large area, force would have simple push the side out, not chopped them up.

er....anyway, coming back to my original question, I was also looking at the thrrmal stores with built-in boiler, ahem, vented - like the Potterton Powermax HE.

The advantage that this product and other separate thermal stores have is that they can be located anywhere in the property, some of them have an integral F&E tank. I have allocated a special boiler room next to the garage and I dislike airing cupboards upstairs, they just take valuable space. I do not want to put and F&E tank in the roof space either.

I have been looikng at the Range Flowmax and Albion Mainsflow thermal stores.

But no doubt there are people who do not have nice things to say about the above products

I'm sure Balenza is Doctor Drivel, the expressions he uses are very very similar. I cite a few examples from this thread alone........

Have a look at DPS Heat Banks and other thermal store manufacturers. Much more superior to UV pressure vessels which have the potential to do this..................

For those new to the forum, if you are a raging buffoon and can't get anyone else to agree with you, register yourself under another profile name and get all the support you need.

The only thing is, you need to learn to suppress writing traits that give the game away. :LOL: :LOL:

WRONG..............
You are another prolific UV installer which means like most people installing these items your main concern is PROFIT.

The expansion vessel cannot fail, unless some clever idiot decides to weld it together.

Not one persons alive or dead has been killed by an un-vented cylinder in this country

Diyitall wrote

No Ballski you are trying to be clever again and it ain't working.

I beg to differ.

How many people have been killed by an un-vented cylinder in this Country.

Answer None

Incorrect. See below..............

The weakest pert of any vessel is the sides, the bottom is the strongest.

Wrong again. :rolleyes:

The sides of the vessel in the link did not fail. The weld connecting the base to the sides failed

Another question for you simple mine, had the bottom fallen out and the cylinder took off through the roof what cause the shed to be distributed in such a spectacular fashion, the wood was broken into a thousand bits and deposited over a large area, force would have simple push the side out, not chopped them up.

What exactly is your question as you appear confused ?.
No surprise there. LOL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

er....anyway, coming back to my original question, I was also looking at the thrrmal stores with built-in boiler, ahem, vented - like the Potterton Powermax HE.

The advantage that this product and other separate thermal stores have is that they can be located anywhere in the property, some of them have an integral F&E tank. I have allocated a special boiler room next to the garage and I dislike airing cupboards upstairs, they just take valuable space. I do not want to put and F&E tank in the roof space either.

I have been looikng at the Range Flowmax and Albion Mainsflow thermal stores.

But no doubt there are people who do not have nice things to say about the above products

Frediaz, unlike some, if you want to install an Potty boiler then go ahead, the fact they are the most unreliable manufacturers on the market is not my concern, and if you want to add an sludge bucket, with yet another PCB that goes wrong for a pastime, then good luck and I hope I'm wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back