Plumbers tool??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My plumber fitted a new boiler a short while ago as my Baxi Barcelona finally failed miserably (see my only other post :confused: ).
Anyway he had a great piece of kit for stretching a standard piece of 15mm and 22mm copper pipe at the ends so the equivalent piece of pipe would fit in very snug for soldering thus saving on fittings.
I was just curious what this piece of kit's called as my parents are renovating two terraced houses back into one and I'm dealing with all the water pipes and stuff (no gas at all, leave it to pro's for that). I know its not a 'flaring kit' but if I could pick one up cheap enough it would be very handy to have for this and future projects.
Many thanks
Sean :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Blimey people,
Thanks for the super fast replies, and so many of them.
Will look into those posted links.
Many thanks for your help
Sean :D

My lads used to call it a socket-knocker. Could be a good Scrabble word if you had both blanks and the K.

dotto";p="2107817 said:
That's called a swadger I think[/quote

a swadger to me is the tool we used to use to form the internal ring in the wall of the old kingley/kingsley fittings which was instead of an olive, i remember as an apprentice getting slapped for forming the ring in the pipe but NOT putting the nut on the pipe first, making it useless haha, i used to use a drift to form a socket although this wasnt really the right tool either as this was for a specific fitting as well which had a big cone which sat in the end of the pipe after it was formed

On the other hand, with respect, an end feed socket from BES is about 5p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back